Box Painter (role based decals)

flimflamm

Some time last year I did something rather peculiar and created a rank specific box decal for each and every role I could think of. Having had the half baked idea that shadow-people could become an actual race, and getting some sort of grotesque and intrinsic enjoyment from the sprite work, I was left with the set sprites of that can be seen below.

While the idea of shadow-people should pretty much never happen, perhaps these sprites can still be used for a bit of the old needlessly snow-flakey goodness:

The concept is to make a crafting recipe for something not unlike a floor-painter, except it paints boxes, and in order to have it select a decal requires the swipe of an ID (one use per swipe). Then simply use it on a box and the relevant decal can be instantly applied.

According to my sources, sprites in and of themselves aren't very resource costly. That said this number of them, which probably warrants a new .dmi file, might be a different story.

I'm also looking to get into some sort of non-complex coding project in order to learn a bit about paracode (maybe this could be it?). If anyone knows of some coding resources that could help, pointing me in that direction would be much appreciated. Also, if having a box-painter along with these sprites would be problematic in any way, please let me know!

Sezq1hT.png

Here is the .dmi file if anyone is interested

boxes.7z

boxes.7z

With the help of Alexshreds and a few others, I submitted a PR which implements these box decals via application of a box of crayons.

I decided against a box painter object mainly because the associated code for a legit one would be pretty thick by comparison.

Having already tested the sprites on my local machine, I've got plans to tweak them slightly and add a few I may have missed!

With the help of Alexshreds and a few others, I submitted a PR which implements these box decals via application of a box of crayons.

I decided against a box painter object mainly because the associated code for a legit one would be pretty thick by comparison.

Having already tested the sprites on my local machine, I've got plans to tweak them slightly and add a few I may have missed!

Nice ;D

Congrats.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see the syndicate themed boxes to only be available through the Syndicate uplink as a 20 telecrystal item similar to the balloon

o.O

I don't know how to add things to syndicate uplinks, heh, but if a coder wanted to do so there would be no protest from me.

P.S between you and me, the syndicate box is the absolute most sexy of the bunch!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use