Posessed Sword

pazneria12

Im just spitballing here, I havent thought on how this would fit into the balance of the game, but I was thinking, since no chaplain seems to pick the posessed sword as it is pretty useless, and the posessed sword itself can only talk, I believe a buff is in order.

I believe the posessed sword should have SOME kind of supernatural influence on the wielder, be it a security officer or the chaplain himself, (maybe making the chaplain either immune or the only one able to be effected?) The reason behind this is that most of the sword you can choose can block and parry and such while also stabbing. The only thing the posessed sword can do is be snarky to the chaplain, which I believe would make ghosts choose to play as the blade instead of just saying no and waiting for an antag to show up they can play as. Again I havent thought this through at all so please tell me how this would make the chaplain extremelly overpowered, and I will get back to you in a way to perhaps balance it. For code I believe you could canabalize the borer code in some way, maybe changing the time it takes to take over, adding a cooldown, adding a timer, etc.

It has more armor penetration than any other chaplain weapon (besides two other null rod variations), still deals the same damage (18), AND you get a free companion--it's pretty much already a straight upgrade over some other chaplain weapons (scythe and high frequency blade), I don't really personally think it needs a buff; it's already pretty unique.

but if you compare it to something like the god hand or the Chainsaw hand, because I mean, chainsaw hand, the posessed sword doesnt really stand much of a chance. I actually didnt know it had armor piercing, and as is, theres nothing the companion can really do, which makes it kinda dull, meaning that you dont usually end up with said compaion unless someone is bored enough to actually use it, and if you try to summon a ghost into it to often then the ghosts can get extra salty.

MemeGodhand and chainsaw hand both have the severe downside of permanently making you unable to utilize an entire hand----and godhand, specifically, does burn damage instead of brute (weaker against human mobs as it won't break bones or cause internal bleeding).

This would be more for benefit of the sword itself, not the chaplain, because at the moment being the sword is kinda boring.

EDIT: Even with this power there are more powerful swords and items out there for the chaplain to choose, so giving the sword a slightly better chance, and having a ghost actually hit YES would be worth a buff I believe, if its that bad, you could nerf the damage in return for the super natural power.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use