Shanking (i am just FULL of suggestions)

sdtwbaj

A new traitor object: the shank. Delivered via uplink for around 3 TC.

It'd be an attack where you target the lower body, grab someone passively, and then use the item on them. Immediately you stab them, causing around 25 brute damage, 10 kidney damage, and internal bleeding. You can upgrade it by coating it in any reagent you please, the stab delivering 10u of the reagent.

The sprite would be a simple screwdriver, however on examination it'd have added on that it looks particularly sharpened, and if coated, then it also appears to be covered in a liquid.

This would be a relatively loud action, and of course you can stab multiple times in succession, around 8 stabs on a healthy person being the lethal attack.

I would love to code it, believe me, but I can't code :(( (am trying to learn anyway, bughunting ftw)

For comparison: energy swords cost 8TC, are sharp, cause 30 brute, and are very loud.

This causes 5 less damage, and requires a grab (but is less loud).

Sure why not. Maybe up the cost to 5TC? Delivering 10u of a reagent instantly (For example: perfluorodecalin) seems pretty powerful though.

For comparison: energy swords cost 8TC, are sharp, cause 30 brute, and are very loud.

This causes 5 less damage, and requires a grab (but is less loud).

Sure why not. Maybe up the cost to 5TC? Delivering 10u of a reagent instantly (For example: perfluorodecalin) seems pretty powerful though.

True, true. The more expense would probably balance it more.

Maybe 5u, just enough that would coat the shank, and it's gone as soon as you stab with it.

Maybe have the traitor item be a switch blade and the make-shift version a shank?

When ever I hear shank, I think of grizzled prison toothbrush with toilet paper as a handle.

Not something I believe the syndicate would send to it's agents.

Maybe have the traitor item be a switch blade and the make-shift version a shank?

When ever I hear shank, I think of grizzled prison toothbrush with toilet paper as a handle.

this sounds like a really fun way to murder someone. for best results, pair with tabling.

this sounds like a really fun way to murder someone. for best results, pair with tabling.

aiming for the mouth on green intent should brush their teeth... with toilet water!

Edited by Guest

We have e-daggers. We have glass shards, spears, and floor tiles. We have syringes for chems.

Do we really need this?

Yes.

Nothing fits the bill of a fast, hard, quiet weapon.

Target lower body, grab, switch hands, click. Shanked (or stabbed)!

The tradeoff being its only a passive grab and it takes 6-8 stabs to kill, meaning they'll easily run away before death.

Perhaps we don't need a weapon that fits that description. Like, if you're going to go loud and attack them in public, use an e-sword or revolver. If you are going to do it while isolated, use an e-dagger or silenced stechkin. If you're just a-tidin' a spear 'll do.

Perhaps we don't need a weapon that fits that description. Like, if you're going to go loud and attack them in public, use an e-sword or revolver. If you are going to do it while isolated, use an e-dagger or silenced stechkin. If you're just a-tidin' a spear 'll do.

How about you want a quiet smash and grab? Isolated bit of hallway, grab and stab then make off before they scream over radio.

It's a very much stealth weapon, designed to be a hit and run type thing that's easy to hide. Stick it in your pocket, in your box, in your coat. Whip it out, give them a couple quiet sticks then run off.

Make small sharp weapons able to shank, how?

Get in an aggressive grab, switch hand and start stabbing, should do more damage than the original item's force, cause more bleeding and more screams

Make small sharp weapons able to shank, how?

Get in an aggressive grab, switch hand and start stabbing, should do more damage than the original item's force, cause more bleeding and more screams

Adding new features to existing items is always better than adding a snowflake shanker just to shank a guy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use