Idiotsm of civilans and full gray tide concept

uliks

Graytideing is not my problem, is not about that, you guys are still very far from thematic, you don't read other discussions, complains and ban appeals. Admins already destroyed few parts of game in last years and is going worse. There is gona be big change because ban appeals just keeps on rising.

I do not understand you whatsoever.

The most problems are coming from graytider or beginners, who does not know the basic rules of game, like don't kill if you are not antag, don't do huge damage to station. Sometimes you dont need antags and events how much problems they do. And then admins start to change things, start to nerf things in the game, or get rid of it or hide the server.

The most problems are coming from graytider or beginners, who does not know the basic rules of game, like don't kill if you are not antag, don't do huge damage to station. Sometimes you dont need antags and events how much problems they do. And then admins start to change things, start to nerf things in the game, or get rid of it or hide the server.

Umm, these are not new problems, but the methods you listed as having been used to deal with are bad, I agree. We have, however, back-tracked a lot on stuff like unlisting, and it's been very successful. Things are beginning to be un-nerfed and de-snowflaked. As far as 'admins changing things' goes, you may have to elaborate more.

If this is about the general direction of paradise, there are other threads that you may want to take this to/use for material. Personally, I find inexperienced players in important roles a much more pressing threat than the greytide phenomenon. We have a security team and administrative staff to deal with IC miscreants and OOC-level greifers respectively.

This is why we educate, have you ever walked into a game instantly knowing how to play?

I don't understand this post, but from my understanding, you...

-Want more roleslots (kinda agreed)

-Think we need to start finding ways to eliminate the greytide

-Give newer players responsibility (hell to the no)

-Stop nerfing things (featurefreeze so yeah true)

-Stop hiding the server (we don't)

I dont like it, we had that, it end up lowering populations even more then it should. But if you observe 100 people from start of round, you will always notice 40 civilians are there, one half of them are job changing or doing some graytide fun things or what they like, but the other half of 20 is what worry's me, they are like exploring thing, They are like, Uhh, How do I take this, how do I use this, is this a weapon, let's see can I destroy this window near space airlock, now let's see what will happend, Is it possible i kill something with it. And then admins are like, do I really have to explain every stupid thing in the game to everybody? I will rather give you ban and discuss when I am in better mud.

And after that most of them a rather ghosted or testing the limit's of gray tide freedom until they got a ban, or they just stay in bar in hope that will something happened until they are bored to death. Now imagine when we got 120-130 pep in game.

So my suggestion is that you make this new job, "survivors" witch don't have any rules and extrication's and obligations to be followed because they are far from station and if someone is to bored it can freely join them but hardly to come back. I can talk more about this, but maybe is to risky. Yes, there would be plenty of murderboning, and yes space is dangerous, people out side of organized community are in danger, and it should be, but when people ghost out, they will say, I think I will play civilan next round to avoid this rage clustery. if someone's see potential, i can discuss more. I did not see much solutions about this problem, but someone has to start.

I dont like it, we had that, it end up lowering populations even more then it should. But if you observe 100 people from start of round, you will always notice 40 civilians are there, one half of them are job changing or doing some graytide fun things or what they like, but the other half of 20 is what worry's me, they are like exploring thing, They are like, Uhh, How do I take this, how do I use this, is this a weapon, let's see can I destroy this window near space airlock, now let's see what will happend, Is it possible i kill something with it. And then admins are like, do I really have to explain every stupid thing in the game to everybody? I will rather give you ban and discuss when I am in better mud.

And after that most of them a rather ghosted or testing the limit's of gray tide freedom until they got a ban, or they just stay in bar in hope that will something happened until they are bored to death. Now imagine when we got 120-130 pep in game.

So my suggestion is that you make this new job, "survivors" witch don't have any rules and extrication's and obligations to be followed because they are far from station and if someone is to bored it can freely join them but hardly to come back. I can talk more about this, but maybe is to risky. Yes, there would be plenty of murderboning, and yes space is dangerous, people out side of organized community are in danger, and it should be, but when people ghost out, they will say, I think I will play civilan next round to avoid this rage clustery. if someone's see potential, i can discuss more. I did not see much solutions about this problem, but someone has to start.

Sounds like you want to set the precedent of no rules.

'Hey, there's no rules as survivors, no other jobs have rules either then, right?'

Then they're confused as to why they're banned, despite not knowing better.

You learn ss13 by experimentation. Break a window to space? The area loses oxygen and depressurizes. Punch Security? They beat your face in and lock you in a 2x3 box.

'Hey, there's no rules as survivors, no other jobs have rules either then, right?

there was same suspicious attitude when they where suggesting chem test lab, it was enjoying at start because everyone wanted to test something, and it was disaster every time, but eventually all admins stop care about and accept that chemical disasters should happened in there, today it is showed up like a good thing to have it. And it did reduced random chem tests around the station. Most people have urgent need to test things of the game. We got Bomb test, we got chem test, now we need manhunt test.This should also reduce incompetent antag gameplays, and finally reduce shitcuirtnes behave, like "first stun, cuff and then talk (but mostly they don't talk at all, they just stuff you in to cell)" , because they are so afraid of some action. And, yes there is this rage shitcurity who just play like cowboys and if you give them bad look or attitude they will give you with batton and in cell 10 minute, because they are so hungry for some manhunting, and yes!, I almost forget validhunters. I think you see what is my point here, people are hungry for some killing and we need to take care of that. Meanwhile that hunger will stop eventually and it will feel like, not something special.

I still can't understand what you're saying, now you're just rambling.

From what I COULD deduce from that, is you want 'experimentation' with the game to happen elsewhere.

If we shove all new players into an area, they never learn how to be experienced because they aren't interacting with experience.

If you don't compete with someone better than you, you'll never improve.

I think SS13 has plenty of natural consequences to help you learn the game by yourself. At worst, you blow up toxins and kill someone. You're probably forgiven, since you're new.

It isn't like any damage is permanent. I will admit rounds are long, but they're just that, rounds.

e: there's also the boxing ring if you want to fight

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use