Burning books

Toastadder

I feel that the not being able to set fire to books certainly doesn't feel right. Book burning has been part of human culture since the dawn of reading; NSS Cyberiad, being set in a future based on a projection of our own future would imply that books might still be burnt. On station there are a range of things that burn including food, cigarettes, antags and incompetent scientists; why not also have burning books? Books can be burnt in many ways in real life which could be reflected in-game such as burning in piles, burning with fuel, burning with cheap lighters and throwing into fires. I occasionally play librarian and each time I find a book so terrible it needs to be destroyed I can never find a fitting way of destroying it apart from convincing the chaplain to let me put it in his crematoria.

I realise that there are some difficulties around book burning in game including burning religious books but I'll leave these problems to be explored by somebody more intelligent than me.

Seems like one of those minor features that isn't important but is nice to have there.

Being able to destroy books without needing to cremate them makes sense. This'd also let arcane tomes be destroyed in a pinch which makes cult a little more interesting on both sides.

Seems like one of those minor features that isn't important but is nice to have there.

Being able to destroy books without needing to cremate them makes sense. This'd also let arcane tomes be destroyed in a pinch which makes cult a little more interesting on both sides.

Security burning pile of arcane tomes above bridge. Sounds neat. We also need attack dogs(or maybe trained domesticated carps?) for them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use