Space Pod Stuff

IK3I

As someone who likes spacepods, I tend to fly them about and understand their UIs and maint. Personally, I find that they are lacking in certain important areas such as access and customization.

To start, the biggest and most glaring problems with spacepods is the lack of keyed entry. This could and probably should be a simple as either a key that when used on the pod toggles door locks, or even an ID based system to deal with them. This could be countered with say an EMP or Emag.

Next up, customization. There is a lack of this, all the space pods come out white when the mechanic makes them and there is only one sprite. Perhaps some aesthetic upgrades and a dye machine in the mechanics workshop to make at a glance identification possible for mechanic pods.

The UI could certainly use some power type buttons for equipment or a status page similar to mechs as having to switch tabs to use your verbs and get your status readings is tedious.

Additionally a method of forcefully removing an individual without destroying the pod entirely would prove exceedingly useful considering the side affects of pod destruction.

These are the main things I'd like to see happen with space pods, but I understand that they are a bit of an undertaking and don't expect a quick turnaround even if they do actually get done.

on the old server i played on (which was three full years ago now, wow i've been here for a long time) They had fully modular pods and motherships. The motherships were just pods that created a new z-level which was basicly bigger on the inside than on the outside. I've even seen them put a fully working singularity engine in one of those things that was just 3x3 in the "actual" world. So that would be cool to see here too, and would surely add to things a mechanic has to do. Plus the fact that the on that other server all research had to be maxed and a certain special ore that was super rare had to be obtained to create this spacecraft made it a great sight to see one of these ships. We once made an entire station inside the other z-level in which we made another ship, that killed the server for a solid 2 days. good times... but i guess that the reason we could do that was because it was a low-rp server with rounds that lasted 7 hours average.

but yeah i agree with you, this was just a way to tell a cool story.

Since pods have received a re-balance, can we remove the lockboxes from the pod fabricator? Robotics doesn't have lockboxes for their shit so why should the mechanic?

EDIT: And also a flying saucer sprite that can be added a different type of armor.

Robotics doesn't have lockboxes for their shit so why should the mechanic?

RD at least rarely but checks robotics and stuff inside. CE never looks out for mechanic and his workshop.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use