New Race; Gremlins - Based off Spiral Knights

Travelling Merchant

So I was messing around making some sprites for the Gremlins in Spiral Knights, an old dungeon crawler co-op game with an absolutely amazing art style. Being happy with the sprites, I thought I'd put them in OOC chat. People seemed to like the idea of them becoming a race!

Some fan art of original gremlins I found online

5ba29b7f44477e615c3c635a217e1877-d4stloe.png

Gremlins are a resourceful race that love to tinker with machines. Mechanics and engineer is a pillar of their history and culture. I'd quite happily write up some new lore to fit the general Space Station 13 universe for them. I will also distance them significantly from the source material.

These are the stats that I can think of:

Naturally resistant to shock.

Can do minor repairs to borgs and IPC's without tools

Can not use any language besides Galactic standard and their own gremlin tounge. When speaking in gremlin tongue, they use the gremlin speaking sounds from Spiral Knights (Which I can provide)

Weaker punches than other races.

Weak to fire

(Possibly cant wear shoes due to their legs being backwards like a vox)

(Possible halved time on constructing/deconstructing things)

Stats can be discussed in this thread!

Here are the first version of the sprites. May convert them to be a bit more fitting with vox sprites due to having the same leg style.

Naked

nPt0r.png

Gremlin Specific Clothes

nPt3u.png

Gremlin Warmaster Mask carrying an in hand heavy hatchet

nPtZR.png

Gremlin specific weapons: (Kidan has specific race weapons, so why not?)

Heavy Hatchet

nPtbG.png

Custom Heavy Hatchet

nPtno.png

Edited by Guest

Does "shock resistant" mean less damage from shock, or are they walking insulated gloves? I assume less damage.

Those sprites look incredibly bizarre from the side. Their legs are bent backwards, but their bodies are as stiff as a board. Maybe give them a bit of a hunch and a thinner belly/chest.

Does "shock resistant" mean less damage from shock, or are they walking insulated gloves? I assume less damage.

Those sprites look incredibly bizarre from the side. Their legs are bent backwards, but their bodies are as stiff as a board. Maybe give them a bit of a hunch and a thinner belly/chest.

I'll try that, thanks!

And yes, less damage.

EDIT: Hows this? Left is female, right is male

nRKHG.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use