Make MULEbots better

TheDemonic

So currently Mule bots are a bit crap especially compared to posting something. So I suggest that we:

1, Fix the fact that they don't know how to get to engineering.

2, Add robotics, escape and arrivals to their destinations.

3, give them the ability too scan for crates which you can tell them to load and deliver to wherever remotely through your PDA. Or if this is a bit much just allow you to put them at the end of the conveyor belt and make them pick up crates from it which will have a similar effect.

Any other ideas?

I thought they could already do 3? Also, MULEbots are kind of useless now that we have the pipe mailing system. I'd like to see them used more, along with the cargo train, but with the pipe system there is basically no reason to

Well personally I prefer the mule bots, you get more feedback to whether or not it arrived. Also if a bomb goes off somewhere, your never quite sure whether something you mail is going to reach its destination and having a backup plan is always good.

the AI can make them reach any place you want as long as it's on cameras, for reference.

This becomes hilarious during traitor ai/MALF rounds when their safeties are hacked.

• 2 weeks later...

Robotics is not easily maint accessible, as the mulebot usually needs at least a 2-wide maint for deliveries.

Only reason to need 2wide is incase it gets stuck/hits someone. Given that Mechbay has maintenance tunnels (or rather, and oversided maintenance closet) to the west, a pair of flaps could be added. I believe the current boxstation map has something similar in RnD for mulebot deliveries.

The closest maint hall would be the one directly west of Robotics but would need to be widened for mulebot to travel easily in. I think it could be done but anything dropped off for Robotics would end up in the mech bay

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use