Request: Books, scrolls, magazine's, tome's and much more!

jedr

So for all of you that I didn't already bug the ever-living hell out of for this: I'm trying to work on adding a new xenoarcheology system.

For more about that, see this thread here: ( Or ask me in a PM, or over discord)

http://nanotrasen.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7192

A complete overhaul means new code, new mapping, aaaand new sprites.

The mapping is not going to happen untill all the other stuff is complete so that's still a long way off, and the code is something I can do myself/learn as I do it.

But spriting is a thing that takes alot of time, and I rather spend that time looking at the coding side, making sure that the concept and execution stay on track, and to discuss any changes that might be needed.

So I now officially request help on the spriting part.

Right now i'm working on the analysis part of the job, which involves books, datapads, decryption consoles, anything and everything that might hold some kind of data.

I have a few specific requests:

Fashion magazine's

You read that right, I'd like a few fashion mag sprites. The pictures in those would make for some excellent data on how certain cultures act and dress, so for alien researchers, they'd be a pretty interesting source of info.

Maps

Maps, charts, drawing on napkins where a dotted line line leads to an X. Anything that implies hidden locations.

New books

We already have a good set of book sprites, but more never hurts! I'd really like it if there was some more variety or different sizes/styles in our current book collection.

The super special stuff

There will be a few rather rare data-holding items I seek to implement, with more unique rewards for decrypting them. So the sprites should be very recognizable for any archaeologist looking to find new stuff.

If you're interested in doing those, PM me , since I don't want to spoil them just yet.

And if you feel a sudden burst where you just NEED to do some creative spriting rising up, keep this in mind.

From a message in a bottle to a high-tech super encrypted bluespace drive, everything goes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use