Rapid pipe dispensors

isaac

After attempting to do atmos work i soon realized it is an extremely long proccess in which you need to drag a pipe dispenser around which makes it even more tedious. I feel that porting the RPD from tg would make atmos much less tedious. For those who dont know the RPD is a RCD that creates pipes and other sutff like a hand held pipe dispenser. To balance it out have it be a protolathe item instead of a hacked autolathe item.

I agree with this, but one thing would need to be added for balance. The RPD would have to be in an Engineering access lockbox, otherwise a scientist could make a bootleg shotgun by dispensing a straight pipe.

Actually you can use scrubber pipes for makeshift shitguns (speaking of which those need a buff). When ever i make one i just rip up scrubber pipes from xenoarch/oddball parts of the station

I agree with this, but one thing would need to be added for balance. The RPD would have to be in an Engineering access lockbox, otherwise a scientist could make a bootleg shotgun by dispensing a straight pipe.

As if they have enough respect to not unwrech one of the hundreds of pipes in maintenance (without negative consequences to themselves or the station 99% of the time when they do so).

We've wanted to implement this for a long time---buttt our pipes still need a bit of work to go before we implement this. It's not that we don't think it's a bad idea, it's a matter of having the proper gears in place, first.

As a SciNerd who loves to make additions to the station, I would love for this to be added, cryotubes are amazing yet nearly impossible to add without atmos/engi cooperation, which is surprisingly hard to get for a job that literally does nothing all shift. But I've seen how they can be abused on /tg/ so I'd understand why we'd be hesitant to add them, and as Fox said our code isn't quite in the right place to implement them either way.

cryotubes are amazing yet nearly impossible to add without atmos/engi cooperation, which is surprisingly hard to get for a job that literally does nothing all shift

Despite knowing next to nothing about atmos, sometimes I play atmostech precisely because they do nothing all shift. I sit at the computer and watch alerts and press buttons.

cryotubes are amazing yet nearly impossible to add without atmos/engi cooperation, which is surprisingly hard to get for a job that literally does nothing all shift

thats exactly the main problem with atmo tech. They have no job on paradise, so most of the time, atmo tech will either be ssd early in the round or busy in some useless / self imposed project and as such not interested in doing whatever you need their cooperation with.

Atmo itself on paradise is a joke and extremely rarely in need of actual atmo tech to fix. a magical pipe dispenser wont really fix that since pipes are not needed (you could seriously remove 99% of the pipes on the station and still be fine by moving a few air pumps wherever air problem occured. Hell atmo tech would likely be more fun without the pipes / main atmo system since then even a slight atmo problem would actually be a problem that need fixing :P.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use