Formatting Suggestions

Nakhi

This came to mind just a few minutes before posting. This has been a minor annoyance for me. I like making nice, formatted records for the characters. With that in mind, on character set up, it shows the line breaks when you enter the text, but in-game it results in a giant text block with no formatting, at least not in the terms of separate lines and paragraphs. So, with that in mind, is there any way to make that happen in-game, at least line breaks within the computer records? Alternatively, tell me if I am wrong in seeing any of this. I may be alone in wanting such formatting since I am the only person that ever does records it seems.

Initially, based on the title, I thought you were suggesting a format for suggestions. That would be some kind of deep meta... but in a good way.

Then I read your post and realized you meant adding line breaks to character records whenever you enter a new line. Why this isn't already a thing is beyond me, but I suspect it's probably just a newline parsing that was either accidentally forgotten or doesn't play nice with the sanitization. I can support this if for no other reason than readability.

Ironically, your suggestion to break up the records so they aren't just solid blocks of text is in itself a solid block of text. Well played.

Initially, based on the title, I thought you were suggesting a format for suggestions. That would be some kind of deep meta... but in a good way.

Then I read your post and realized you meant adding line breaks to character records whenever you enter a new line. Why this isn't already a thing is beyond me, but I suspect it's probably just a newline parsing that was either accidentally forgotten or doesn't play nice with the sanitization. I can support this if for no other reason than readability.

Ironically, your suggestion to break up the records so they aren't just solid blocks of text is in itself a solid block of text. Well played.

Well, it was more that I couldn't see a reason to put a paragraph break in there, but fair point.

I also noticed that the sec/med records on the laptops function like this. They print out with all the formatting from the laptops, but the med/sec/emp consoles don't. I think it'd be because laptops are older code, but maybe there's something there that'd affect that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use