Server Upgrades

Zgun

I've been wondering for awhile now what are the server specs that the game is running on?

Also if you would give us the router and internet plan specs please?

I have a bit of extra money and would like to donate specifically to hardware upgrades depending on what the current system is running on, I hope that would at least mitigate a little bit of the lag and at least system crashes on the server that aren't byond crashes.

i think most of the crashes are due to the servers auto-restart software, but i could be wrong.

Still, I'd like to invest in direct hardware upgrades because at least that's something concrete and would allow us to be ensured that any of the lag is not the host's fault but BYOND's fault.

i think most of the crashes are due to the servers auto-restart software, but i could be wrong.

Still, I'd like to invest in direct hardware upgrades because at least that's something concrete and would allow us to be ensured that any of the lag is not the host's fault but BYOND's fault.

Its a dedicated server, its not the servers fault because we've had 103 people online without lag.

What causes the lag is special events that hug resources, or bad coding that is poorly optimized

Its a dedicated server, its not the servers fault because we've had 103 people online without lag.

What causes the lag is special events that hug resources, or bad coding that is poorly optimized

I'm not actively blaming the server for the lag here, just saying it would be nice to upgrade the server and know 100% that the fault only lies with BYOND and not the actual server hosting or internet connection.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use