Xenoarchaeology

alexpkeaton

So when I joined, xenoarchaeology was already broken. I don't know how long it's been, or what it could possibly take, but is there a known plan regarding fixing and reintegrating xenoarchaeology?

When TG mining was ported, it was decided to outright remove Xenoarchaeology to speed up the port's timeline. This was done based on a popular opinion that it needed a big overhaul and we wanted better mining first.

When this decision was made, it was said that we'd be looking into possibly redoing the entire system from the ground up, and there was some internal discussion on potential options for how the new Xenoarchaeology could function.

To my knowledge, no significant work had been done on it since that point due to various other projects / life stuff, but it has not been officially announced as being permanently removed. I'll shake some discussion up with the coders again to try and get some better details released.

TL;DR: unknown timeframe or extent of changes, but return is planned to my knowledge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use