Novacro's Characters

Novacro

Hello! I've already created a character page for one of my characters on this forum, but I've had a few more characters that I've been developing. To conserve forum space, I've decided to consolidate all of my characters onto a single page.

All characters on this page are fluid and subject to change.

Also, not that this matters much in the context of this, but generally treat each round as its own separate timeline and ignore round-to-round continuity across all of my characters. Occasionally, I'll have my characters recognize people from previous shifts, but that doesn't go beyond name-knowing and a general sense of friendship.

Changelog:

11/30/2015: Added Chung Wu and Bill Buffwoman

12/04/2015: Changed Chung Wu's biography to make more sense.

Edited by Guest

Name: Chung Wu

Race: Human

Blood Type: AB+

General Occupational Roles: Bureaucracy

Biography: [Clearance - Superiors]

Chung was born to the Wu family, a family of upper-middle wealth and mixed Chinese and Korean descent, in southern China. He had the luxury of a good education which, through hard work and dedication, he excelled at and eventually graduated with honors. After his graduation, even though the offer they gave him was much less than the others, he knew that he wanted to work at Nanotrasen, the largest and most powerful corporation in the galaxy.

Over the course of the next few years, he worked his way up the ranks. Most of the time, he managed to advance through patience or professionalism, and in others, he was promoted more quickly due to good fortune. Once, for instance, he was in a position which was often held for decades, as (in each department) there was only a single avenue for promotion. Chung was the most likely candidate for advanced position, but there was but one issue; The person who had then occupied it had turned down multiple promotions, and wasn’t going to be eligible for retirement for at least another decade.

Shortly after Chung had basically secured his future position, his superior perished. Given that this was the NT Department of Internal Affairs, hardly a dangerous occupation, an investigation for a potential murder was launched, where Chung was made a suspect. A lot of the details surrounding the murder were hazy, including some key details that should have been easy to attain. This detail, along with the fact that his superior spoke highly of him before his death, lead to Chung being released of all suspicion shortly thereafter.

The haziness turned out to be a double-edged sword for Chung Wu, though. Instead of inheriting his superior's position, he was offered an "alternative position." Mr. Wu accepted this position, even though it took him further away from his career goal, because the contract phrased it in such a way which implied he could be assigned to different stations throughout the year. However, in the years that were to come, Central Command seemed to be quite insistent that he stay to monitor the Cyberaid.

Qualifications:

Honors Degree

Multiple years of Internal Affairs experience.

Employment Records:

A career Nanotrasen employee, with a focus on (and a penchant for) quick advancement.

Security Records:

Suspect in the murder investigation of a direct superior.

Medical Records:

Nearly flawless health record, with a single note of a case of the Voxian flu.

Personnel Photo (Appearance text):

A man of mixed Chinese and Korean descent. His hair is black and clean-cut. He is clean-shaven. His jacket smells of cigarette smoke. He is wearing a watch on his left hand.

Commendations [only to be added by admin]:

Reprimands [only to be added by admin]:

Other Notes:

Chung Wu is a man who prefers to act with an air of professionalism and dignity. He has the expectation that the people he works with will act in a similar manner, and is often annoyed when that expectation is not met.

Edited by Guest

Name: Bill Buffwoman

Race: Human

Blood Type: O

General Occupational Role(s): Service

Biography: [Clearance - Superiors]

Although the actual name “Buffwoman” was only created recently, the lineage that stands behind it is long and proud, across multiple centuries, thousands of miles, and many languages. William-Harris Buffwoman XIV, or Bill as he likes to be called, was born as a middle child during a time of great wealth to the Buffwoman family. While this meant he had the luxury of a good education, his father held to the archaic tradition of firstborn inheritance, meaning that Bill was not to inherit a cent.

While his brother was being prepared for the life of running an empire, Bill was working his hands to the bone on cargo lines of his father’s business, in an effort to gain his favor. After nearly a decade of toiling under machines, hauling crates, and stamping paperwork, he had an epiphany. His great-grandfather did not build an empire off of the favor of his father; He built it himself, through hard work.

Bill quit working for his father and started working for a mining company, where he spent the last decade and a half working. Through it all, he came no closer to building an empire as his family had, but he was satisfied. He had good food to eat, a bed to sleep in. He was happy. That is, he was happy until an unfortunate accident involving a conveyor belt, a large boulder, and his leg.

Since then, he was forced to “retire” from his mining company, where he was contracted to work for NanoTrasen, where he is today.

Qualifications:

Cargo and Mining Experience (irrelevant due to his mining accident)

A half-decent education

Employment Records:

Seven years working for the B&B Cargo Company

Fifteen years working for an asteroid mining company

One year under NanoTrasen employment

Security Records:

Multiple instances of public drunkenness and belligerence

Medical Records:

Lost leg due to mining accident

Briefly institutionalized for alcoholism

Personnel Photo (Appearance text):

A balding man in his 40’s, with sunken eyes, yellowed teeth, and a protruding gut.

Commendations [only to be added by admin]:

Reprimands [only to be added by admin]:

Other Notes:

Bill Buffwoman absolutely detests working in Cargo, and will never accept any positions in the field.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use