Suggestion: Advanced character setup

improvedname

You know your limited to disabilities obesity near sighted and seizures and one i can't remember

We can make the character setup much better

Like using the speaking disabilities as accent option select swedish? Your swedish at roundstart or thonething isnt right?

We could make the rp much better like adding things like blindness clumsiness etc

Like for being blind at roundstart you can start with specialized glasses but if you lose them? YOUR BLIND or you roundstart with deafness? Have a special headset but if ye lose em your deaf

Just add more disabilities to the disability option

I think if a player were to select blindness or deafness as a round-start disability, they shouldn't get some sort of handicapped equivalent for glasses or headsets.

It is their choice to select those handicaps, they should do so knowing and being prepared to dealing with said drawbacks.

Implementing code to select those genetic disabilities as a round-start handicap wouldn't be incredibly difficult, as there already exists jobs that begin with certain mutations (Bartender starts with the sober power). Though this could be used by genetics to quickly determine the blocks that contain disabilities to help them focus their search for the already quite powerful good mutations by eliminating which blocks contain these disabilities.

It's a debatable suggestion, it has its pros and cons to be sure. It's significantly easier to implement if you don't give them special equipment for their condition.

I think if a player were to select blindness or deafness as a round-start disability, they shouldn't get some sort of handicapped equivalent for glasses or headsets.

Honestly I think there should be both. Like we do with prosthetic limbs, how you have an option of just having a stump, or getting a robotic limb.

I agree with FalseIncarnate. I'd love to have this feature in, but there's no need to put in items such as deaf-proof headsets or anti-blindness glasses or whatever. That'd defeat the purpose of having the disability (whatever purpose that'd be).

That said, the way I see a chunk of it easiest implemented is a 'verbal' section, an ACCENTS subsection > 'Swede', 'Chav' >> Where you can only choose ONE at a time

and a verbal DISABILITIES subsection > 'stutter/stammer/nervous', 'lisp' and 'mute'

where you could load up on all of them (to ill effect, obviously) REGARDLESS of what your choice was in the above subsection

However, in code it'd probably be a good idea to have it such that if you choose mute, it deselects all other verbal modifications (read as: accents and disabilities) since its effects will make that of the other mods null and void, you won't be talking anyway so no-one'll hear you bork borking. But I digress, this may not be the handiest way for it to be accomplished.

I hope I outlined this well enough, IDK if it'd have to go into a feature request or what

Looking forward to seeing this implemented (or looked at seriously), whenever (if-ever) that is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use