Solar Arrays Need Boosted

Taaketa

Even with all solar arrays online and direct feeding the station. They cannot produce enough power to keep APCs charged. Previously they could've powered the station.

Now they cannot raise the main grid's Wattage above demand, ever. Even after taking the spare crate of solars and upgrading each array with 3 solars. It does not improve he situation.

TLDR: More power from solar arrays to restore them to the pre-lighting changes. IN other words, feed enough power to the station but say an extra 100,000 watts above grid demands. Which I think now sit at around 300,000 watts.

Larger arrays would be least liked by me. Those things are already massive and have 60 solar cells attached to them. That produces just over 90000 watts. Previously that meant that most solars could produce somewhere between 200,000 - 280,000 at peak charge.

Now we need a least a minimum of 300,000 to just charge the station's APCs with the current lighting setup. So umping up the charging the individual cells can output would be a better option to control the level so that it's just above the station requirements as it currently is.

As it turns out, it's just one define that controls how much power each solar panel produces. I doubled it and tested the results, it seemed pretty reasonable to me.

https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/1509

While solars are HERESY against LORD SINGULOTH, they should be a viable power source. Otherwise, they should just be removed; I favor the simplest option of changing one line of code in this instance.

Solars are currently borked, which is why they don't appear to be putting off as much power as they otherwise should be--once that's fixed, then solars will produce more than enough power to power the station by itself.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use