Xenobiologist seperate job

Darkis95

I think we should go back to having xenobiologist as a seperate job in the science department.

Why should xenobiologist be a retitled scientist when roboticist is a job of its own. 1 example that showed up today just because xenobiologist is a title change of scientist. 4 xenobiologists: 47cd3e54c3.png

Eh, 2-3 people can quite easily work in Xenobiology together, provided they are willing to work together and not just fight over monkeys and slime pens.

Restricting Xenobiology to it's own job like Roboticist is would also restrict their access from places like the Research Outpost (preventing them from getting 3 more boxes of monkey cubes), Chemical Test Lab (preventing them from getting more beakers of Plasma. Only naughty/stupid Xenobiologists grind their solid plasma), Telescience and Toxins, which can be side activities if you've progressed far enough in Xeno to get bored or just can't get the slimes you want.

I understand the pain of joining a shift in science and wanting to do a specific job but being unable to because some chucklefuck got their first or just hijacked it from you (the number of times an incompetent RD has derailed my research because he wanted to test Telecom components), it would be nice if Scientists could 'claim' job areas or at least get buttons to bolt the doors from the inside (of course, with a bit of luck and know-how you can put a signaler on the bolt wires.)

I'd rather not see Xenobio be segregated again, since if you join a shift with 4 slime breeders you can have some fun playing together, or you can go into any other area of science (save for Robotics) and do something else, RnD, Toxins, Telescience, XenoArch, Anamolist and Chem lab are all open you if you don't play well with others.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use