Suggestions To Make The Library The Best Place Ever! (Kinda)

Flipping Out

Just a quick list of suggestions I've thought up to make the Library and the Librarian much better and fun.

I love playing Librarian when I want a laid back shift, and there's a few things which are really quite stupid, but can be fixed.

1. Add a book bag at round start: I know a lot of people say that you can get one from Botany, but really, it's a pain in the arse. Just today, I got access to Botany and filled every tray with wheat and berries, sprayed them with Robust Harvest and used a Floral to increase yield. Still took me an hour to get enough biomaterial. If not making it spawn at round start, at least make the cost less.

2. Better book list: Not sure if this one is possible, but depending on where the books are stored, perhaps someone (Maybe me) could go through the server's booklist and remove double ups and stupid, unRP'd things, as well as add some things without having to do it in game. Making a lot of books in game is just too hard.

3. More depth to borrowing books: On the rare occasion someone takes a book from the Library, it's never given back. Perhaps we could add a special kind of bookcase that only allows you to inspect what books are in them, then the Librarian must open up the case with their ID to retrieve it. On top of this, add some form of automated PDA function, like a spam message, that alerts someone by PDA if they've got a book overdue.

4. Some way to organise the book list: Whether by author, title or genre, it would make the whole searching phase smoother.

5. Scratch 4, this is better: Have a menu similar to RnD which allows the user to search by genre.

6. Remove the book printing delay: Printing books takes much too long; that 8-ish second delay pains me, especially if I click it too soon, as the game freaks at me.

7. Update the computer to a sleeker, black look: Self-explainatory.

8. Remove the DnD section, or at least make it more to the left of the area, removing the left hand side tables and add in a stage with a chair for book readings.

I believe these changes will make the Library and Librarian much more fun and useful in the coming rounds.

1. Add a book bag at round start: I know a lot of people say that you can get one from Botany, but really, it's a pain in the arse. Just today, I got access to Botany and filled every tray with wheat and berries, sprayed them with Robust Harvest and used a Floral to increase yield. Still took me an hour to get enough biomaterial. If not making it spawn at round start, at least make the cost less.

2. Better book list: Not sure if this one is possible, but depending on where the books are stored, perhaps someone (Maybe me) could go through the server's booklist and remove double ups and stupid, unRP'd things, as well as add some things without having to do it in game. Making a lot of books in game is just too hard.

4. Some way to organise the book list: Whether by author, title or genre, it would make the whole searching phase smoother.

5. Scratch 4, this is better: Have a menu similar to RnD which allows the user to search by genre.

I agree.

With the rest - not as much.

Librarian is basically useless. The only good thing about him is RP and handbook printing for newbs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use