New Scanner

Malkaz

After a chaotic borer round, I've got this idea:

A new kind of hand scanner able to provide information about the subject's body. Aside from the basic "burn/toxic/suffocation damage, it also shows if there's some unknown thing inside of the body. And I mean xenomorphs and borers. Yes, it is a really good item, that is the why I think it shouldn't be available at first. R&D team can fabricate this item, after they acquire a certain level of research (materials and biological both to 4 or more?)

You could add this functionality to the standard health scanner (WARNING: UNKNOWN BIOSIGNS DETECTED), you could give the CMO a unique health scanner (Traitor objective too?), and alongside that last give it to R&D.

I heard secondhand info that Borers in direct control of the host show up on MedHUDs.

They do, they stand out like a sore thumb if someone is being controlled by a borer or have a borer.

I do like the new handscanner though, but it will never be used because Science never do their job or medical never asks for stuff like that

MedHUD only works if the borer is controlling the body. If they host is controlling, then we can't find out. And this item would help a lot, since borer rounds are, usually, pure chaos without true objectives.

And I think that item is too good to be given at the start, but only one for one, or two, Heads seems to be too little. By building it, there's a chance of having as many as they need, but of course it's not a cheap material.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use