Increased movement speed

Dogar

I'm not sure if Para reduced movement speed for the sake of realism or gameplay, but in either case, it feels like the gameplay has been padded with too much prolonged arrow pressing, which means a lot of downtime between doing the things that actually make this server fun.

I know a lot of people don't like the ice skating feel of goonstation, and I'm not crazy for it either, but imo I think para has gone a little too far in the other direction, and I think that bumping the speed a bit might smooth things out a bit without turning the server into a Buster Keaton movie.

I'm not sure if Para reduced movement speed for the sake of realism or gameplay, but in either case, it feels like the gameplay has been padded with too much prolonged arrow pressing, which means a lot of downtime between doing the things that actually make this server fun.

I know a lot of people don't like the ice skating feel of goonstation, and I'm not crazy for it either, but imo I think para has gone a little too far in the other direction, and I think that bumping the speed a bit might smooth things out a bit without turning the server into a Buster Keaton movie.

We've been operating at this movement speed since, literally, day 1---movement speed was tinkered with a bit, and the majority of people didn't like it; it also made everything very very flaily feeling. There is a way to bump up movement speed a hair bit, but it also will make server performance suffer just to do it (this was tried and it resulted in apparent frame loss for a lot of players who didn't live in Europe).

We're faster than Bay, but not quite as fast as TG (the slight speed bump put us at TG speed levels).

Also meth--you think speeds are crazy now; someone on meth will literally be able to unrun projectiles---not a good thing.

Side note: walking speed was dramatically increased so it didn't feel like you were a slug crossing the Mojave.

Movement speed is a funny thing, and has a near total impact on the game. It effects almost everything.

From balance to map design, and the problem is, there isn't an easy solution. Bump up speed, and you have have performance issues (even if it doesn't cause issues for the server, higher speeds mean people can often "lag out"), combat issues (hit and runs are insane, melee fights are just silly and people trying to run can do it very well.)

Ect ect, it really is amazing how much of the game changes when you change movement speed.

Really deserves a bigger write-up but I am tired.

The speed is fine IMO. Makes it a little bit more tactical, especially when you're injured.

Back when we had a speed movement bug (for one day I think), everyone was running very fast. I didn't like it, especially if you can't close doors in time as the AI.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use