a bunch of medical stuff!

johannhawk

after a quick OOC discussion we managed to fish out a bunch of ideas and i hope one of them sticks.

please note we can change the names of the ideas later.

wall mounted defib: more like the ones in hospitals and they cant be stolen, also they are powered by APCs.

one use defibs: household defibs that are one use and fit in your backpack, maybe refillable somewhere.

ghetto defib: two batteries + a bunch of wire, has worse revive requirements and is one use (you could charge the batteries...)

ghetto splint: some rods + some cable coil, a flimsy splint that will break eventually.

necktubes?...

: make it be a special mask thing. helps with preventing patients from dying from oxygen loss before the lung surgery is complete, or for preventing oxygen damage from being in critical condition.

The defibs in hospitals are the ones we already use in SS. Do you mean like a fire extinguisher closet? I only found that on google.

i meant that they are defibs that are powered by APCs AND they are VERY STUCK to the walls of medbay. so no shitler goes and takes them away when they are needed the most.

I think it would be hard to code a defib that is anchored to a specific spot. How ever, making a new machine/booth seems like a much easier, if bit nonsensical, way of ensuring Medical HAS a defib machine. I.E. Take dead body and shove it into a defib pod, pod would give read out of person's health and if defib was even possible (Checking for severe tissue damage, head and major organs still intact, and that heart has not degraded)

Alternatively, making defibrillators a built in function to UPGRADED Sleepers or cryo tubes would be an option, having pico manipulators installed allowing one of these magic medical machines to give heart massages. Just another reason Medical could scream, beg, harass or bribe science to upgrade their shit.

I fully support additional ghetto tools (Though, Ghetto splint should be buildable with Wooden plants OR Metal rods, along with Gauze OR Cable Coils, giving 4 new combinations that result in the same thing.)

One use Defibs could be added to Emergency O2 closets and emergency storage supplies, basically any where the station has a first aid kit would also be a defibrillator. Though, I feel lots of players would screw this up and not inject the corpse with Epinephrine or other healing chemicals prior to defibbing and the person would just die right away.

I though Defibs needed to be emagged to use on living people. Plus, they acted more like Stun batons, shocking and knocking a person prone, not killing them. At least, borg defibs did.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use