Replace Alden SaraSpova easymode counters

Midaychi

More specifically, remove them and in their place implement Vg's Fourier Transform spectroscope and Hyperspectral Imager.

Currently on Paradise, if a shaft miner wants to locate large artifacts, here's what they have to do:

1. Break into the research outpost

2. Steal a hand pickaxe and an ASS counter

3. Walk around the asteroid clicking the counter and picking into walls till you get within 4 meters of a large artifact, then hand pickaxe that tile till a large artifact falls out.

--------------------------------

If the FTs and HI were implemented, a shaft miner would have to:

1. Break into the research outpost

2. Steal a core sampler, a hand pickaxe, and a depth scanner

3. Go back out into the asteroid and find three somewhat close (but not too close) digsite locations.

4. Rock core each site while carefully cataloging their exact coordinates and their carrier fluid using the depth scanner

5. Break back into the research lab, then into the chemistry lab

6. Perform simple chemical analysis on the rock core to get analysis liquid, pipe 1 unit into a sample dish and then add 1 unit of the carrier fluid, put the lid on it and label the sample dish with the coordinates and carrier fluid.

7. Go to the lab, make sure the freezer is at room temperature so you don't overheat the machines while in use, stick each sample dish into the Hyperspectral imager and in turn, test each. You might have to do a dish more than once but usually once is enough.

8. Make sure that all three sample dishes have a xenoradiation source, and that the source is the same. If this is not the case, go back out there and take better samples. You should also get a fancy graph, which is pretty much meaningless besides fluff and rp.

9. If 8 returned the same radiation source, now run the dishes each through the Fourier Transform spectroscope. This should give you a radial distance guestimate in meters of the location from the coordinates to the large artifact, with a percent error guestimate as well. You can run a dish through the machine multiple times to get different results, then average them to get a more accurate result, but that isn't entirely necessary if you're in a hurry. As a note, 2 meters = 1 spessman tile.

9. Now that you know that you've found three samples that point to the same source, and you know an approximate distance, you can either a.) use a fancy graphing program to plot the coordinates as the center of three circles, and input the radius of each circle as given by the Fourier Transform spectroscope. b.) Do what I do, and guessimate a. in your head based on knowledge of the maplayout.

10. Where those circles intersect is where you need to look! Go around digging there until you've found/accidentally destroyed your fancy new large artifact!

http://ss13.nexisonline.net/wiki/Guide_ ... e_Analysis

http://ss13.nexisonline.net/wiki/Guide_ ... ng_Samples

As a note: If you didn't get the joke, I was referring to ASS counters making large artifact hunts so easy a shaft miner could break in and do it.

Note 2: as a side effect of how xenoradiological source power and ranges works, you might have to increase cluster amount and density of dig sites to provide better granularity for searches.

I'm pretty sure this is exactly the opposite of what xenoarchaeology needs.

It's already an RNG game with what the machines do and their method of activation. We don't need more rng shit clogging the already unpopular job up.

How should I put it, but considering most of the time in xenoarch the large artifacts are hard to activate, or hard to even use. Most of the time you get tons over tons of useless or fluff crap. You can rarely get any good stuff, hell you would have bigger luck with the small artifacts.

Why the hell would you want to make it harder if you are not going to suggest to make it more rewarding is beyond me.

No.

Do you even know how how those work? Because if you did, I suspect you wouldn't be campaigning for this.

-Go out in the field and take multiple sample with the handheld sampler, be sure to note the exact location of each co-ordinate you take a sample from

-put samples in bags

-take bags back to the lab.

-grind up a sample

-make Lithium Sodium Tungstate (lithium+sodium+tungsten+"oxygen)

-Combine Lithium Sodium Tungstate with the ground rock sample to get density separated sample

-Put the density separate sample onto the bunsen burner to heat to get analysis liquid

-Remove the sample from the bunsen burner and take it to one of the two machines

-Wait about 30-60 seconds for get the results for one sample; the results of the sample will tell you the distance, in meters to the nearest artifact (like the Alden).

-Piece together the data from each sample (hope you kept good paperwork) to form a guesstimate of the very rough location of the artifact

All in all, you're talking about an entire round to find a single artifact if you're lucky.....and here's the thing. The above process? Didn't even work; the machines that are supposed to generate the data don't even work.

Xenoarch was designed purely from a hard-RP standpoint, and it shows; we don't need MORE jobs or mechanics like this, we need less.

well, 1. I described that process in just a more vague manner

2. they work fine on vg

and

3. I just suggest things here. I'm aware most non-admin suggested suggestions that are more than a few lines of code just sit and rot here in this graveyard. I just post suggestions for the giggles.

How should I put it, but considering most of the time in xenoarch the large artifacts are hard to activate, or hard to even use. Most of the time you get tons over tons of useless or fluff crap. You can rarely get any good stuff, hell you would have bigger luck with the small artifacts.

Why the hell would you want to make it harder if you are not going to suggest to make it more rewarding is beyond me.

You're doing it way wrong then. Activating artifacts is as simple as going down a checklist. Takes a few minutes at best. Crowbar? nope. Hands with glvoes? nope. Hands without gloves? nope. Hand pickaxe? nope. Stun baton active? nope. Sulfuric acid? Wham effect! But there was a secondary so lets drag it over to the anomaly battery array. Hey interference from two different signal sources, let's deactivate the primary system and see if we can harvest. Yes? Well, try it 8 times, still yes? Then clearly the primary and secondary subsystems are separate activators. Let's find the secondary subsystem activator, making sure to realize that secondary subsystems have a 25% chance of activating via their stimuli unlike the primary which is 100%

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use