Remove Xeno rounds.

Arthur_Dayne

Alright, these rounds follow two possible pathways.

First; Aliens kill crew.

Second; Aliens suck and get killed.

It's exceptionally mundane, populated by disarm spam and admins forcing the shuttle to stay behind, effectively preventing the round from ending, despite most players wanting the shuttle to come.

It rarely deviates from this schedule, and all in all, the rounds are long and boring for the normal crew, who tend to die, and stressful for security and command. More often than not I end up wasting two hours playing tug of war with an antag, that unless killed within a few minutes of round start, will result in a crushing defeat.

There's also the fact that aliens are considerably overpowered, as the crew is picked off for simply lacking something to block their faces (Resulting in 50 xenos to the 20 remaining crew.) Weapons on the station lack enough punch to defeat the ever encroaching infestation, and once you get knocked down, you're staying down.

It makes more sense to have xenos as a random event, or from huggers on the asteroid. This allows for a less powerful start of the xenomorphs, and the threat of syndicate agents or changelings on the station.

Personally, I think I'm subject to bias due to the fact that these roundtypes tend to stress me out, and I simply dislike them. I'll let you decide.

I agree with the above. Xenos objective is always the same thing: thinly disguised murderbone. People play this game, more often than not, to be the crew, from my experience. Having it forcibly ripped from them by something they have literally no chance of fighting off unless the entirety of the antag team is exceptionally unskilled at buttonspam is crude and very against the feel that I have come to get from the game. Xenos have no rp attachment to the universe around the game, they are literally thrown at the station, from my perspective, as a grounding mechanic, telling the crew their lives are never and will never be important, because they are placed into a position where the situations that occur during a xenos round can happen. I hope I don't come off as overly critical or outright salty about it, this is not my intention. These are just points I want heard.

The xenos don't RP. Its the humans that are trying to survive that do. Or they don't, because its hard to type while beating a xeno to death.

I agree that xeno really needs some balance changes, including a good look at how to properly end xeno rounds.

Xenos need to be balanced, rather than removed completely IMO. Perhaps making it take significantly longer for them to reproduce and evolve would help. I feel like that would encourage a more reserved approach, as xenos would actually fear death. I think disarm spam is something that needs to be fixed too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use