Customs Officer - Potential Improvements

HereticChurch

So I recently bought myself the karma job Customs Officer. While it was quite fun pissing off people fresh off the shuttle, there are a few things that would make the job more functional.

Firstly, the officer can lock the doors, but has no way to close them barring getting out of the office and shutting them himself. He might need a few more buttons.

When dealing with large groups of people, the group either has to wait for everyone to be checked out, or the door gets opened and the lot of them run through without being checked. I'm not sure how to remedy this.

The officer also needs some cuffs in his office! He doesn't have access to the brig, so right now he either has to ask another sec officer to get some for him, or make cable restraints.

There should be something to actually check out ID details, like adding a med records program to the Nanotrasen OS.

A printer in the office would be nice, for when you want to make mass copies of some long and annoying-ass paper for people to sign on their way in. A folder for said papers would be nice as well.

I believe the maintenance access to the right of the room is sec-access instead of just customs officer, so that should be fixed.

I also believe there is a way around customs through maintenance. That should also be dealt with. Or at least make a less obvious way around.

Perhaps they should get job based objectives, like confiscating items being smuggled from Clown Planet, or any other places the Gateway will eventually go.

And thats the extent of what I can offer for suggestions. I believe I heard the admins were eventually going to add traitor objectives to smuggle things on station, so that will make this job much more fun.

add a small backroom: The Deportation Chamber.

In said room, have a unit like a cryo sleeper that immediately removes SSD characters, and, on a timer (obviously with rules on its use to prevent abuse) that removes characters from the round.

Used when the brig is full, the Customs Officer catches traitors at the door, or when jerks go SSD in the arrivals shuttle. Put a disposal unit next to it that deletes/locks up contraband items. Make both of them hackable possibly? The sleeper hackable to teleport to a random beacon on the Z-Level, the disposal chute to spit up random contraband items.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use