Changelings who are implanted automatically lose

Streaky Haddock

I was considering all changling's DNA not matching the one on their medical record, to allow the detective to prove that they aren't the person on the records to supplement the confirmation of a changeling, let me know what you think.

That seems a pretty good way of handling it, but isn't that the UI data? If changelings have different DNA in that regard it's gonna have to be a very minor change

I was considering all changling's DNA not matching the one on their medical record, to allow the detective to prove that they aren't the person on the records to supplement the confirmation of a changeling, let me know what you think.

That seems a pretty good way of handling it, but isn't that the UI data? If changelings have different DNA in that regard it's gonna have to be a very minor change

minor yes, but a way of proving a suspected changeling is a changeling without resorting to loyalty implant. Also allows for counter-play by changlings if they have medical access and can find their ACTUAL dna, then change their record.

Instead of making them automatically losing why not have the implant mess with their powers or something, for example if a changeling gets implanted he is no longer able to change form or evolve more powers. meaning he doesn't lose and has no reason to rat out his friends but it does mean that his objectives are ten times harder for him and makes tracking him ten times easier.

Once they're implanted, they're not even allowed to do objectives. They're loyal to NT so now they can no longer even do their objectives because it will go against the implant. I like the fact that implants can mess with their powers and agree that this should be possible, that there are chemicals in the loyalty implant that disables you from being antag.

But that is normal races who is to say that a changeling should be effected the same way, I mean do the NT know the real form of a changeling or even if they could evolve to counter the implant? I 100% understand if it says somewhere in the lore but if not, why don't we take advantage of it.

1. Get implanted after you are found in maint absorbing a civilian

2. Get taken to bridge

3. Implanted

4. Captain come in, offer to show him your powers

5. Captain agrees, you show him monkey form

6. Monkey form loses implant, yakety sax out of there

7. Be caught again and repeat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use