Literally yell "Freeze!"

Midaychi

Yes/no/derp?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really don't end up on the receiving or sending end of tasers much, so this whole stun change thing is kind of ambivalent to me. I guess I'll make a suggestion though?

First this would require a port of this:

https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/1681

Second it would need a new weapon made: Temperature pistol.

Temperature pistol doesn't self recharge, and can only cool. The cooling can only do stamina damage rather than brute/burn. The stamina damage rate is slower than the disabler. The cooling, however, DOES slow people down.

Emagging changes damage to same as the rifle variant instead of stamina damage. The rifle is better because of recharging and can also heat. Setting people on fire is a good way to take down hard suited individuals and xenomorphs.

Temperature pistol is the same size as the old taser and can be stuffed into similar containers.

Temperature gun can harm the blob-shaped slimes, but not as much as the rifle variant.

Third, replace all instances of the insta-stun 7 range taser with this.

Then, sec has a gun that can slow people down to make them easier to hit, and another that can knock them over (the disabler.) None of them are instant I win buttons, and both can be combated by wearing hardsuits.

Don't know if replacing all the taser guns is the best idea, maybe just have an option of the 2 maybe a limited supply or something and if you do port this over I demand that the atmos pipe freezer could be crafted into a shorter range one of these.

Disabler does currently slow as well as stun, so there's really no need to be proccing a double-slow--that was one of the problem with the pain/HalLoss weapons that effectively meant that once you were shot once, even if you weren't stunned, you were pretty much out of combat for a very very long time.

Secondly, I don't want to have cold damage deal stamina damage instead of burn damage--long term goals are to fix cold damage (it's currently bugged) so it's an actual mechanic again--and possibly see a return to making space cold; cold damage = stamina would not only defeat this purpose, but lead to a lot of annoying situations where someone is stun-locked forever, but not dead/dying--which was one of the most annoying things about the "hostile environments rebalance" patch we had about 3-4 months ago.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use