Automated employement system

Grazhvan

Right now the only way for a civilian to get a job is via the HoP's office (as far as I know), which leads to long queues at the HoP's office and most of the times he is stuck there processing the requests of a dozen civilians. Now, the NT Recruiter does help a lot in these situations but he is not always present. What I've been thinking of is a console near arrivals which can accept IDs and automatically create request forms for a job to be stamped by the respective head and then inserted back into the console along with the ID to modify its access and update the crew manifest (if that's possible).

Basically, the civilian comes up to the console, inserts his ID and is presented with a list of jobs available. ( I think you could exclude jobs like a head of a department and security jobs, considering they are hard to do. ) After he selects a job, the console spits out a requisition form (like the one the HoP usually gives) containing the civilian's information and requested job to be filled out and stamped by the head of the department. After the paper is stamped it can be inserted back into the console along with the proper ID and the civilian could get his new job. If the paper isn't stamped or has an incorrect stamp, it would be rejected.

There is something optional as well - sometimes the heads are busy and don't have the time to get to their office and stamp the paper. So, could there be a machine near the console which can stamp papers when it is signaled by the appropriate head's PDA? This could speed up the process a lot.

This is very cool and simple!

Perhaps give the HoP access to modify by e.g. restricting certain jobs and so on making sure the console is up to date and running!

Thanks!

Yes, it would indeed be quite beneficial for the HoP to be able to modify the console! It would make recruiting more civvies for a sector that's understaffed really easy.

I am definitely a fan of this, but yes the HoP needs to have a option to restrict certain jobs or flat out restrict all jobs, or he could be circumvented to much. It should be a tool to help the HoP and not to work against him. Other than that, awesome idea.

Maybe i would place the machine in sight the HoP office, so the HoP could just tell people to get the form out of the machine. Then the HoP doesn't have to copy forms and fill them out himself. Forms that have been stamped and inserted in the machine will be automaticly faxed to the HoP office so he also has a log of it.

I am definitely a fan of this, but yes the HoP needs to have a option to restrict certain jobs or flat out restrict all jobs, or he could be circumvented to much. It should be a tool to help the HoP and not to work against him. Other than that, awesome idea.

Maybe i would place the machine in sight the HoP office, so the HoP could just tell people to get the form out of the machine. Then the HoP doesn't have to copy forms and fill them out himself. Forms that have been stamped and inserted in the machine will be automaticly faxed to the HoP office so he also has a log of it.

Thank you for the feedback!

Yes, it would be good for the HoP to have a log of requests and having a console both in arrivals and in front of the HoP office would indeed be great.

This seems cool, but what of the NT recruiter that it makes completely obsolete?

Doesn't necessarily make the NT recruiter obsolete. Or at least that's how I think. Perhaps the NT rec should receive a stamp (if he doesn't have one already) so people can get their requisition forms stamped out by him as well? And there are jobs that you can't get via the console, that the NT rec can assign.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use