Nettles and reagents

Mijhead

As it currently stands, nettles (And deathnettles by extension), only see use in combat.

What I suggest is that instead of straight up damaging entities hit, a nettle applies the reagents it possesses to it, not all at once, but in doses.

This would allow for nettles to be applicable in more situations, and opens up a lot of possibilities.

As nettles currently work; they simply check the potency of the plant when harvested and apply a force to the nettles. Potency 200 death nettles would have something like force 85, which is 25 more than fire axes. And one handed. Balanced only by their leather glove requirement and their chance to become useless via losing leaves.

As nettles would work with the above change; nettles would be like force 5 or something, but they would apply reagents when hit with, and would still have a chance to become useless after enough whacks due to their innate chance to lose leaves.

I think it'd be pretty neat if the force were removed altogether and the damage based entirely on reagents. Nettles are toxic, I'm pretty sure, and death nettles have polytrinic. With clever and currently possible xenobotany shenanigans (Including one way involving a bug that was patched in newer baycode) you could make a nettle that only contains healing reagents.

You'd need random seed crates for that.

ON that note however, I propose that this suggestion also include the removal of the ability to syringe reagents into nettles and death nettles specifically, to avoid abuse. Plus how are you putting those chemicals into all those tiny needles that's ridiculous.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use