Why I think the Vox changes should be rolled back

Diseasel

Do you, as a Vox player, want to roll-back the Vox changes?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I absolutely do not want the magclaws coming back for on-station Vox (trade/raid is fine); it's a free pair of no-slipping booties that also makes you immune to atmos (that don't even slow you down); it's a whole lot of free power to give a race just because of lore. While lore is awesome, gameplay and game balance trumps it. If you want to take the effort to get the pair from EVA? Completely fine with that, but them starting off with a pair is no dice.

If you want to start with the large N2 tank, that's fine, though it would be best if it started out in your hand as opposed to your back, so as to not mess up backpack item spawns (since a lot of unique items start in your backpack).

For the appearance of shoes on Vox; this is largely just a matter of someone creating the custom on-mob sprites for them; as I said, the code for them to be able to wear shoes and use alternate sprites is already in place as we speak, it's just someone has to create the actual sprites (right now they're copy-pastes of the original). If people want to make custom on-mob sprites for Vox for shoes, I'm more than up for including them so they don't look so silly.

that don't even slow you down

well, actually you nerfed them right before the commit this topic is about, unless you reverted that.

since a lot of unique items start in your backpack

actually, most of the time vox spawn with a plastic bag with their backpack in it, there are some jobs for which this doesn't work though

(geneticist is the first that comes to mind)

well whatever, i'll modify the commit

that don't even slow you down

well, actually you nerfed them right before the commit this topic is about, unless you reverted that.

And somehow, those changes didn't stick, for whatever reason; even if they're re-nerfed, it's still a lot of free power without gameplay or real reason.

actually, most of the time vox spawn with a plastic bag with their backpack in it, there are some jobs for which this doesn't work though

(geneticist is the first that comes to mind)

Still find this odd; the vast vast majority of players I see who play Vox spawn in with their proper equipment, backpack, and the likes.

I can't say this doesn't really aggravate me, especially since 60% of Vox players want Magclaws back, and I never ever heard of balance complaints until you changed it. Either way, I can't stop you if you're adamant about newVox being only Vox.

I still think the idea of a separate setting of oldVox such as PJB3005 implemented is a good idea.

So if back-Nitrogen-tank was a character setup option and Magclaws are available from EVA to certain jobs, what does that leave us with? Vox now have blood and can't be resurrected?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use