Newer ways of rejoining the round.

Flipping Out

Doesn't it seem odd that a department that has no business reviving people, like botany can, yet the most spiritual role on the station can't? Medbay has clones, which is okay. Roboticists have borgs, MMIs, and can even put them in mechs. Xenobiology can make Golems, for dead people to join. Botany can grow people and even just nymphs for players who's body is destroyed. Yet for some reason, the chaplain, the religious backbone of the station can't revive people in a surefire way (I'm looking at you bible-whacking)

My suggestion is, unlike the more unreliable way of trying to save someone, and as such bring them back into the round, we should give the Chaplain the ability to perform some kinds of ritual, maybe runes and praying? Or maybe a more appropriate way, like I have seen on other places, give the chaplain a soul shard. Not only does this allow the chaplain to save people in crit when otherwise taking the body to genetics is unviable, but with a few tweaks, it could even put the player in it, after death. This would allow for players to be brought back from death, without cloning. This could be complimented by a construct shell somewhere, as then we would have a nigh on indestructible slave, not only for doing good, but also for antagonists.

That doesn't have to be it though, currently, out of the multitude of ways of respawning, only 2 let you keep memories, growing and cloning, and if the souls stone is introduced, a greater level of role-play will come about, as the ghost/shade struggles to come to terms with their death, and new found immortality. For obvious reasons, they would have to not be able to reveal their killer, only fuzzy memories.

For all these reasons, I think a soul stone would be incredibly useful, and even promote a different sense of role-play, allowing characters to explore death.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use