FalseIncarnate's Intro

FalseIncarnate

First off, just gonna quickly apologize if this turns out to be utter crap. I usually don't do the whole "introduce yourself" forum section pretty much anywhere, but I feel like this is a good exception.

So yea, that aside, I'm FalseIncarnate. You might have heard me pop into OOC in the middle of the night (for me at least, your timezone may differ) and probably have passed my characters in the hall at least once. I'm gonna break this down into 2 sections: IC / OOC stuff.

[iC stuff:/size]

My main characters are Phillip Rowerly (human) and Ryder Holdeman (IPC). I have a third character that is probably going to be either remade or deleted, since I played him for one round before returning to my mains.

Both Phillip and Ryder share Xenoarch experience, otherwise they have little intentional department overlap (I say intentional because sometimes I join a job with the wrong character). Phillip spends most of his time in the Medical Department, though he was originally a Botanist. Ryder spent a respectable amount of time as a Bartender before transferring into Engineering, where he serves most commonly as a Life Support Tech, before recently taking interest in Xenobiology.

Despite the range of my job knowledge, I try to limit the characters' knowledge to their specific job history. Ryder knows practically no medicine beyond how to repair himself, while Phillip would stare blankly at Atmosia. They each have their own personalities, though they share common traits such as being protective of those they consider close to them. Both of their personalities are based off of how I view my own, albeit with some small revisions in a couple spots.

[OOC stuff:/size]

Out of character, I'm a college student who is working towards Video Game Design / Programming. I'm a coder and have made a few little things here and there mostly for fun, including a couple games or game supplements for myself and friends. I have also begun delving into the server's code, and recently submitted a pull request on some fixes I've made for Hydroponics. I hope it's the first of a series of fixes and improvements I contribute, but I'm trying not to overwhelm myself between coding, work, and school, so I likely won't be churning out any major stuff regularly.

I've been playing SS13 for about a month or so now, and was lucky enough to try out Paradise Station first. I liked it and the players on it, so I've stuck around since, playing at least a shift or two a day minimum. I am typically on late at night (Eastern US Timezone), though if I find myself with a day off, I'll hop on during the day when I can.

So yea, that was my intro I guess. Hope I didn't bore the crap out of you with it, feel free to ask me about stuff and I'll try to answer them (or give some excuse why I'm not answering)

I actually use a design I came up with one day sitting in class. Still haven't come up with a catchy/witty/awe-inspiring name for it, but it has a redundant-capable, dual-cooling loop as well as cooling bypass (redirects straight to filters instead of adding to cooling loop). It eats fires like a pro from what i've heard.

I'll try and get a picture of it some time if you want, or any time you see Ryder Holdeman as Life Support, feel free to ask to see it

UPDATE: Saw my system in action first hand when some fires broke out. Just barely broke 300kPa on the meter in the cooling loop, and didn't get above 20C on the same meter during that same time. It runs at about 0.03kPa and almost -200C during normal operation, for reference.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use