[Ven's] Changeling Small Balance Idea.

Venuska1117

As some people noticed, changelings are kinda strong and very weak at same time, i got idea inspired one post about "changeling can live without head" on github, but make it little different way.

In my understanding, changelings are just brain slugs who suck up on someone head and got objectives so...

Lets make changeling critical point not be "head" but "parasite" itself.
When you start as changeling, you have already unlocked "last resort" and new ability called "Relocate Parasite".

"Relocate Parasite" is an ability to choose once (work for each body, so if you use last resort and get new body, you can change location of parasite), where you want for brain slug to be located, you can choose any body part for it, so if for example you choose arm, loosing head or legs still not make you dead and you can re-grow them.

As payment for changing slug location and regrowing limbs... you can now check if someone is changeling by using "needle", yes just needle, poking someone with needle will deal very tiny damage (like 1 or 5 brutal), if part of body with parasite get stabbed by needle, it will deal more damage than usually (because brainslug will now take damage if limb with is located get damaged) so now you can tell if person is changeling or not.

Summary notes:
- Default location of slug is brain, but you can changing it using skill.
- Changeling will take more damage, if limb where slug is located get damaged.
- Changeling start with "last resort" and new "Relocate Parasite" skills.
- Changelings can use "Relocate Parasite" when they get new body (last resort or forced body swapping).
- New item "needle" to check people without hurting them badly (you feel tiny prick).
- Changeling can use "Last resort" even if limb with parasite get cut off.
- Regrowing one limb will cost chems.
- Using "last resort" if slug is located in other limb than head (aka brain), will not explode body, but coroner scanning dead body will show it as damage "Eaten Flesh" or "Ripped Flesh" (or any other creative name for it).
- You cannot choose "eyes", "ears" and "mouth" as your new parasite placement by using "Relocate Parasite" skill.

Addiona Idea what not need be added but i will suggest it:
Brain slug can be "removed" by surgery "Organ manipulation", it will force slug out (not kill just force out) of limb and tell you if its there.

Note: I know it look like pain, but now you can tell if someone is changeling even if its hidding perfectly.

Edited by Venuska1117

• Venuska1117 changed the title to [Ven's] Changeling Small Balance Idea.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use