Eric Zombie event, but source is Fungus.

Venuska1117

This writting is inspired after witnessing 3 Eric zombie events myself and i really liked his simple idea of this event, so after thinking for some time gathering inspiration i created this post, so let me explain:

One time i watched video about "zombie ants" this ants were infected by fungus spores, when fungus spores grow inside ant, it started to control their brain and make then do not-ant stuff. (i suggest watch video about it on youtube)

So in my suggestion is for infection be created by "fungus".

Fungus core:
Randomly in maintence, there would appear fungus core, this core would produce fungus tiles, and tiles would become "pockets" (they look like bump) and when they are mature, they would pop out and send fungus into air, and player can wait with other players to be "sentient" fungus cloud.

Fungus Spores: 
When spores are created, player can take control over spores (if not, it will be NPC seeking player, like slime type of AI) and their objective is to find and make victim "inhale" fungus cloud as long as they can, the fungus spores have short lifespawn (10-15 seconds before they dry out) and they dont dry if they are on fungus tiles, when fungus attack to infect, its similar how slime attack, just jump on person and its buckled to it, after victim breath enough of spores they will become infected and you will "die", after you die you need wait for next fungus spores or person who become "Fungus Zombie".

Fungus Infection:
When victim get infected by spores, they will slowly grow inside lungs up throat to outside, when in grow in lungs, person will slowly suffocate util it burst out its mouth and start covering needed body parts to move (when seed start growing, is similar to facehugger impregnation from aliens, you just apply to roll your chances to be fungus zombie), infected seeds can be removed on early stage via organ manipulation.

Fungus Zombies: 
When infection finnaly spread inside out, random player who apply in roll can enter body of zombie person, and they can start their terror, objective of fungus zombies is to infect more victims, they have 3 4 set of skills

Lean - Attack what allow zombie to lean on person what can make person fall on ground, when skill is in use you can't move but you can stop it at any time (it only work at very close range) person you lean can't free themselfs (similar to chocking but without chocking).
Spores Cloud - Zombie can create unmovable spore cloud what is 1x1 bock size and this cloud have chance to infect person if step in it for too long (similar how harvesters from cult create big paralizing clouds, but this one would be one block size, when you connect it with lean its best way to infect someone).
Regrow - Only avaliable when your outside fungus grow get burned, this skill will start to charge when you "die", and when ready you can "ressurect" yourself and do your terror again.
Sacrifice - Fungus can sacrifice their host and "core seed" to start overgroving and covering whole body to spread, in this state they lost movement and fall on ground to start spreading small amount of "fungus tiles" around them and start produce "Fungus Spores" from their sacrificed bodies, when you do it, you will become Sentient Fungus Cloud, and you have 10-15seconds to find victim to impregnate with spores.

Other informations what i forgot to spoke:

- Fungus core is not sentient in my idea, it work more like ashwalkers tendril, it have use to them but its not sentient (if you think making it sentient like blob similar you can write it in comment)
- Fungus core work like tcommos but for zombies, and when it get destroyed, zombie will lost connection with each other (communication) and on top of that the Fungus Core boost zombies as long as its alive, after it die zombie go back to basic stats (when core is there zombie have for example 150% of their stats, but when they loose core, they will lost communication and "bonus" (this example 50% from 150% to 100%) to their stats, but spores and zombies are still alive but less "strong".

- Fungus in basic don't need oxygen or any source of breathing
- Fungus can communicate with each other, in zombie form they will make zombie like noises like: GLUEH , GHAWRL (zombie language)
- Fungus is flammable, and can be easy killed by fire, but for example, fungus and fungus zombies are resistant to physical damage, damaging them with weapons is not very effective but you can aim for limbs and chop them down so zombie will move slower (like hands or legs)

- Fungus Infection can be removed via surgery, and its same for infected zombie what got burned, you need remove "Seed Core" from them to stop them from returning alive.

- Fungus Spores Clouds when they first created, they are NPC seeking players, and player can choose if want to be sentient (similar how you press on golem shell)

- Fungus Zombies body of fungus victim can be recovered if you burn fungus outside their bodies, when fungus outside burn down, the body will drop on ground, if seed is not removed from victim body it will regrow again to outside taking control of body again (similar to changeling but little different)
- Zombie Fungus control body, not brain or neuron system, but it spread from mouth, so if you decapitate head they will be unable to move for 5seconds because they need to regrow connection to other fungus network on victim body, and they can't be effected by blood lost (only host have but it don't effect fungus)
- Fungus Zombie Sacrifice when zombie sacrifice themself, they will create "spots" where dead players can respawn as fungus clouds, so its more effective way to "spread" themselfs, because clouds have short lifespawn is better to make some places where clouds can be produced and spread more effective.

- Dead Corpses if there is uninfected body what is dead, as Fungus Cloud you can't infect body to make it Fungus Zombies but you can use corpse as your ground to grow and spread, it would be like "sacrifice" what zombie can make on themselfs.

- Fungus Tiles will create small clouds (1x1 size) of spores when destroyed, this clouds would randomly spread (similar to smoke) but they will not seek bodies but still can infect, and fungus tiles will slow down people who try walk over them, other than zombies.

P.S. If you have any ideas but i probably missed something while writing this, please tell me in discussion below.
And i didnt create name for all this so if someone of you is creative how we can name fungus zombies and other stuff related, you know what to do ;)

Edited by Venuska1117
Need add forgotten info

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use