Encouraging People to Fix the Station

IamnotDave

Seemingly, rather often people would rather call the shuttle during an emergency rather than ask for an ERT and attempt to fix the station. I think I have a way to fix this, or at least encourage people to try and keep the station running.

Here it is: If the end point count is over a certain number, say 5000, each non logged out player will receive a karma point, and having the emergency shuttle call cause a large point cut, and ICly, have the emergency shuttle call result in a pay dock for all the crew (not civilians, naturally) if it was caused by the crew and not say, nuke ops or xenos. I believe this would cause people to have greater motivation to keep the whole station up and well running, from an IC and OOC perspective. As always I am open to suggestions, alterations and feedback. Thank you for your time.

Needs to be easier to call ERT too. The new bridge unit greatly helps but the act of swiping itself is still a massive pain.

The blue flash should last far longer (yay for lag making it impossible to get support!) and there should be a code that each head gets, to do it without an ID. Such as Delta-five-alfa -oscar-nine.

Plus the possibility of being able to use both a code and an ID by one person to call ERT. Imagine latter stage blob, not many people are left bar, lets say, the Captain (In command that is). Using both his ID and code given to him in his notes he could, by himself, call the ERT for last ditch saving/blowing up the nuke.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use