IPC Design Suggestion

Streaky Haddock

Ok, that's good. You did come back to life, you just died again because of the damage. I'd have been more worried if it hadn't.

I'm not keen on the idea of it being done through a verb, makes it feel like a conscious decision to switch back on. What I'll probably do is use the check you suggest but do it in the part of the code that deals with repairing the body so you come back to life while you're being repaired

Edited by Guest

Wish I'd seen that reply before making a fix :P

Hopefully this will fix it anyway, I can't see anything wrong with the revival part of the code, so I'm guessing it just didn't trigger the death code again (which could be another problem but one thing at a time). The health will need to be got over -75 before it'll revive, so don't panic if you don't spring back to life as soon as they start welding you

I've already got a PR in to fix some genetics stuff so I'll wait for Ponies to pull that first and then put this one on.

Once it's live we can play 'How many times can we take B.U.P. apart and put him together again' - hmmm, that could be a fun event >:-)

It seems like the flag for IPC's that is supposed to make them not have internal organs is bugged (Slime people also suffer from this, broken bones and etc.), as during one round today, I managed to survive an EMP, only to wind up with a ruptured lung. (BOOMCARD coughs up blood!)

The flag isn't to stop them having internal organs, they're meant to have robotic ones, it's to stop certain things happening to those organs (like brain damage). However, you're right, you shouldn't have been coughing up blood.

Both the internal and external (bones) organs code is a mess. That's a big part of the reason I've been having so much trouble sorting out IPC's. So a couple of days ago I started cleaning it up. I finished internal organs this morning and put in the PR. I just double checked and it will fix you coughing up blood.

When I clean up external organs I'll sort out slime people ending up with broken bones

• 2 months later...

I don't know if Vampyr is still working on this, but today I suffered an EMP explosion and every single body part came off. This is a bug that Vampyr fixed a while ago, and I haven't checked to see if this happens with regular death still, but it certainly happened after my EMP death.

Chest and Groin flew off, which meant my head and limbs couldnt be reattached.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use