Gateway: Magic Dimension

skarrj

When I look at the Gateway, I feed it exceedingly odd that it is only capable of teleporting to the Clown planet. I feel like it should have the capability to travel to other planets, as well as maybe even to some extra-dimensional locations. One idea I had that would especially seem fitting was a magic dimension, where you can go and find magical items, such as potion ingredients (which are being implemented). Maybe the dimension could house magical weapons, technologies or just over-all cool and neat things.

I would say have a mix of calm/hostile environments (tundra, forrest, desert, jungle, ect) that are simply a biome to explore with the most interesting things being their flora/fauna. They would be the basic "blueprints" of each location.Then there could be a low chance of each of these having things like crash sites, outposts, towns, ect. So you could explore a tundra and forrest, find nothing but then find a desert with the remains of a huge cargo ship.

Then you could also have areas of deep space to explore. Imagine xeno filled ships, old mining stations or an outpost overun with a virus.

And finally you would have something akin to the Goon z-levels with strange dimensions and extreamly hostile environments.

Rewards would go up along with the danger. Maybe there could be a few complex minigames to "lock" onto each different zone. Easier to do with basic biomes but very hard with dimensions.

Thats only if its even possible to have 10 or so randomized maps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use