Help with volume pumps?

Experimenting with atmos, I found a fundamental difference in both gas pumps and volume pumps. One pumps to a specific pressure, the other pumps out gas at a rate, which happens to be liters per second, so a volume pump should be constantly pumping out gas until there is 0 liters in the input end.

Strangely enough, it doesn't seem to matter what setting you put on the volume pump, it will pump at exactly the same speed. I created a test where an input canister would be connected to an output canister with a volume pump, the input canister being filled with air. I placed two of these tests next to each other, then I configured their volume pump settings. One would be at 200 L/s, the other at 10 L/s. When both volume pumps were activated simultaneously, they managed to fill up their respective output canisters to the brim at the same time. If it took 10 seconds for a 200 L/s volume pump to fully fill a canister, shouldn't it take 200 seconds for the other one?

Even weirder, you can set volume pumps at 0 L/s and it works all the same. This is unintuitive to me, because how can a volume pump pump out 0 liters of gas every second and still work?

In any case, I probably just don't know anything about how atmos works, but it's weird that the settings don't seem to change anything, I would think that they would work at different speeds. Maybe the test I did was too small or something.

I really don't know, I'm no atmos tech (or coder), but I would like to know.

IsThisVolumePump.gif.439ba6194e9d0ba24e8a86498969fac7.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use