Security Door Access

Kute Koala

Hello guys, I have a suggestion for security. But firstly to better give a true understanding of why I believe the lack of door access for a security guard is problematic and unnecessary. Now, there have been a few times where I have been a security officer or HoS and I have heard screams or been alerted about a blob in Engineering/medbay/ cargo and I have been unable to get through the door. I do not understand why the first person people look to for safety and protection can not rush into restricted places especially when their job requires a high element of trustworthiness to nanotransen anyway. I get we don't want a occupation that lets griefers run around causing havoc everywhere on the ship with stun guns and stuff but despite all the people calling me shitcurity, I try very hard to play a respectable role. This was somewhat alleviated with armbands but to understanding they have been removed now. A lot of people don't take security very seriously, my brother used an analogy explaining the rest of people as the nerds and security as the stupid jocks. I wish that security guards by default had more access to parts of the ship, I don't think the current 'ask the HoP' system in place is very effective as it takes time, relies on the HoP's willingness and requires individual officers to make an effort to go to the HoP. I'll give you an example. 2 days ago there was a blob in engineering, I got my team suited up but couldn't get into the door, when somebody let me in, there were a bunch of other doors in engineering I couldn't access. Now, Given I had access I could walk through whichever door I wanted searching quickly for the blob and locating him using trial and error, but instead I needed someone to pry the every individual door open or get someone with access. Engineering dealt with it without our aid and had a go at 'shitcurity' once again. I'm quite tired of this, and even though it could promote problem solving skills or quick thinking in the sec officers, it just gets in the way of saving lives. A lot of the time I have all of my officers running down the same hallways while all the murdering and crime happens behind locked doors.

Please could we find a way to improve Securities crime prevention or at least increase the amount of places they can patrol.

I want all roles to be treated with respect.

Thank you, Kute Koala (Isiah Mcintosh)

I maybe it could require a loyalty implant? I would be happy for the armband system to be brought back, and I don't see why the HoS can't access really important parts of the ship considering how important his job is.

sorry I misinterperuted what you said, you're worried about others getting their hands on security I.D. I for one think the officers have the means to stop that from happening so it shouldn't be an issue

Experience really says otherwise. Antags will get security IDs.

I agree about the armbands, they were a rather novel idea. Really did like the old sec meeting room more. Wouldn't be too hard to revert it, theres space for it.

Maybe make it so that if there is a certain alert level, sec automatically gets all access. Maybe along with paramedic or engi according to the nature of threat.

Or add a [give certain access to certain job] button to the HoP. For example if there is a blob in engi like it was mentioned, all that is needed is a quick PDA message to the HoP, he presses a button and voilá. All of security immediately has access to Engineering. When the situation is resolved all that needs to be done is for the HoP to remove that clearance through the same proccess

For example if there is a blob in engi like it was mentioned, all that is needed is a quick PDA message to the HoP, he presses a button and voilá. All of security immediately has access to Engineering. When the situation is resolved all that needs to be done is for the HoP to remove that clearance through the same proccess

In that situation, you yell at the AI to bolt open the doors to where the blob is... blobs need everyone to be able to get to them. However, the idea of the HoP being able to raise or lower all of a certain profession's is an interesting one.

Being able to use the emergency consoles for more then red alert and ERT would be great. How about it also being possible to give cargo more supply points (emergency use only) and activate a station wide alarm?

Also, the communication console needs to have all the functions of a wall console.

Honestly, i'm satisfied with my access as security, i've never felt as though I needed more access to do my job. If you think a particular department has been having a lot of issues or criminal activity, you can assign yourself to that department and get the appropriate accesses from the HoP (with permission from the HoS and the Head of Department/Captain)

In that situation, you yell at the AI to bolt open the doors to where the blob is... blobs need everyone to be able to get to them. However, the idea of the HoP being able to raise or lower all of a certain profession's is an interesting one.

I only used the blob as an example. I wouldn't even know what the first thing to do would be in case I ever met a blob. The only thing I know about them is that they are weak to fire.

My only point was to get across the suggestion of the HoP being able to raise or lower all of a certain profession's clearances. I only used the blob as an example, since it had been used before. It could be applied to anything. The main point of my post was to get that idea across

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use