Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - Round Suggestion

Radman2307

Well first of all let me say I'm a massive Blade Runner fan, which incidentally got me thinking - wouldn't it be cool if we had a 'Synthetic' round where a certain number of crewmen were 'designated' as Androids/Synthetic humanoids who had escaped from a NanoTransen Lab intending on getting to Earth/CentComm?

Have a random number of crew (say two to five) selected to become the 'Synthetics' - give them access to some low level weapons and equipment and task them with surviving the round.

Have a bounty-hunter team dispatched with "Voight-Kampff" testing machines to seek out and find the androids before they can escape to the Cent-Comm.

Here's the kicker though, the crew on the station in order to promote role play could assist the androids or turn them over, depends entirely on them - the Synthetics being desperate to escape may well have to cooperate.

Just an idea, needs some work to flesh-out but thought it might be interesting.

Also BBC Radio 4 has just released a radio adaptation of Philip K Dicks original novel, if anyone is interested in listening to it here is the link.

How would command/sec act? Would they assist the mercs due to them being hired by NT or would they act to protect the andriods due to them believing them to be human? Or would it be a matter per charecter that would end up with the crew, even security, against each other?

I could see it being a very, very interesting roundype with a good mix of action and RP. Almost a RP rev round. Imagine an engie wrecking wires while his former colleges try to stop him. Or cargo hiding androids in crates.

How would command/sec act? Would they assist the mercs due to them being hired by NT or would they act to protect the andriods due to them believing them to be human? Or would it be a matter per charecter that would end up with the crew, even security, against each other?

I could see it being a very, very interesting round type with a good mix of action and RP. Almost a RP rev round. Imagine an engie wrecking wires while his former colleges try to stop him. Or cargo hiding androids in crates.

It would depend on the player entirely and where they stand on Synthetics, I'd imagine Chiefs would be loyal to NT but individual security officers perhaps not so much - you could implement a rule that NT is conducting an ILLEGAL action by manufacturing synthetic human-beings adding an extra shade of grey to things. The actions of the Bounty Hunters would be about 'retiring' 'lost stock' rather then enforcing space-law - it'd be ultimately the mission of the 'Bounty Hunters' to capture the Androids (along with NT Reps) - the rest of the station should act as there characters would.

Some crew would assist, others wouldn't.

I wuld wonder which side you're more trying to make the round type like, the book or the movie? As well as the actual Blade Runner movie having a few different versions ~_~

I wuld wonder which side you're more trying to make the round type like, the book or the movie? As well as the actual Blade Runner movie having a few different versions ~_~

To be fair the basic premise of the book and the film bladerunner are the same, bounty hunters/detective seek synthetic humanoid androids.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use