Suggestion on Vampire Mechanics

bryanayalalugo

I am proposing two suggestions in regards of vampires, namely their mechanics.

> Make glare go off any time - As of the moment (or at least to my current knowledge) the vampire glare only goes off if the vampire in question is adjacent to any mob. This means that it's almost a 100 percent guaranteed stun, as if the vampire is next to a person (or animal) the person in question will go down and have no chance to go against the vampire since the glare is almost fully effective.

I am proposing that the glare to be made so it goes off anytime it is called, being next to a mob or not.

> Sleeping Carp incompatible with vampires - As anyone who had mained security or played a decent amount of security, and have encountered them, especially during that time where there were quite a bit of powergamers COUGH , vampires with sleeping carp is literally hell to deal with. There is almost no real tactics with dealing with sleeping carp, besides Security ganging on the vampire (which, unfortunately, is unlikely as Security is usually at some extent incompetent and disorganized), hope that the vampire somehow ended spaced and dead, or stooping low to crappy tactics (such as that grenade lance thing that has been mentioned or a pressure cannon full of shards).

What I am proposing is to make it so that vampires are unable to use the sleeping carp scroll on themselves, because a vampire with also a traitor status is considerably strong already.

Making glare harder to use via having to time it at the right moment, instead of spam clicking it when you see sec coming towards you, is a interesting idea. Currently the only skill with is it using it in conjunction with rejuv, and timing it to get the most people at once. I wouldn't be opposed to that idea, being punished for timing a glare improperly sounds neat. I am unsure what others might think of that however.

I believe most people can agree on the second point, for both vamps and clings. A solid counter to it used to be explosive lances, however with its removal, there isn't too terribly much you can do. I'm surprised there hasn't been something for it already. Hell, since I haven't seen any recently, I wouldn't be surprised if a PR was merged that prevented it, and I just missed it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use