Additional Genetics Powers: - SPIDERMAN -

flimflamm

SUGGESTION: Add the ability to lay spider webs and to walk on spider webs as a genetic mutation

This is a very simple suggestion which should be downright easy to implement code wise. There are unused blocks and the flags should be easy to port from normal spiders.

Balance considerations: This would be a minor power and wouldn't really be all that powerful (creating a small nuisance ), but the more people who have the power the more of a nuisance it can be! Used in combination with xenobio sentient spiders could make this fairly useful. Because terror spiders because terror spiders have their own terror webs, this would not affect the balance of terror spider events.

• Like 1

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I've been reluctant to suggest it because my own fluff item is based off of Spider-Man and it would appear as if I wanted it so I could Gary Stu as Spider-Man every round.

A  number of abilities can come about based around the spider theme:

Adherent Skin - Toggleable Anti-drop/Passive magboot-esque ability
Webslinging - Laying web traps
Danger Sense - Chance to dodge projectiles and melee attacks
Spider-like equilibrium - Immune to slips
Spider-like agility - Able to maneuver through webs without getting stuck

The biggest issue would be balancing if they were to be implemented, as it would be highly overpowered if Geneticists could rush this ability and instill arachnophobia in the crew. Perhaps it could be implemented as an adminbus ability or a very rare chance if bitten by a terror spider (provided you aren't immediately murderobusted by it).

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use