Banned before I could state my argument.

Regen

This isn't worthy of an admin complaints, the banning admin is in all his rights to ban you at any given time for any given reason.

Of course we are running a server here, so doing so without reason would be counter productive and diminish population pretty quickly, seeing as we are still, if not the most populated, one of the most populated servers, I can only presume that we have not yet gone over to "banning just for fun".

So what happened here, really?

You decided to fuck around and shoot at glass, something that is an obvious "I am fucking bored"

People got caught in the crossfire, because you were unsafely operating the gun, this is exactly why people put safeties on guns, because they can actually be pretty lethal if you operate them unsafely.

Let me lastly raise the point that never in my entire administrative position on this server (from server start) have I had someone so bold enough to, not only stand around with a gun shooting at glass, get people hurt and try to shrug it off before the admin, but actually make a COMPLAINT against the banning admin, instead of an appeal to the ban.

Okay so there were two people involved in this and this also led me to the ban, whether or not you knew each other I don't know but anyway.

He started attacking an ERT member with a hatchet after the shuttle docked and managed to knock him down which made him drop his l6. You then picked it up and decided to start shooting glass as you say and people got caught in the crossfire. The logs showed more than 2 people getting hit by the bullets while you were shooting at the glass. This is what led to the ban. Being careless with a weapon you shouldn't have picked up and breaking the shuttle grief rule (no.10).

Now onto me not letting you argue your case. I'll tell you this had nearly any other admin been in my position you would have been banned straight away for shuttle grief. I had given you a chance to explain yourself to which you responded with "I was shooting glass, literally one block away from it, when people ran in front and got hurt". And I replied with what do you expect etc etc. I was at that stage dealing with 3 people including yourself and after I was done talking to the other two you still had not replied and that is why the ban was dealt. I felt I had given you enough time.

Now that aside we have a zero tolerance for shuttle grief and its usually a straight up ban of a maximum of 3 days (4320 minutes) which you were banned for. If you wish to appeal you may.

As a side note "I'm pretty sure this falls under complaints, I am unsatisfied with the way the admin carried out his action." Here is a quote directly from the rules. "All admins have the power to ban players as they see fit."

Thankyou for lodging the complaint.

I was not present for the incident in question, but I have been in similar situations enough to offer some insight. Despite shuttle grief being expressly forbidden within the rules, we none the less receive frequent grief during this time period. This makes an admin heavily pressed for time at these moments. Not only must we deal with this grief, but this is also the time when we are preparing for the next round. Completing a ban takes time, in order to process one properly we must type in the reason for the ban. This is actually to facilitate the player's ability to appeal more than anything else. To complete the ban before the round ends is difficult and must often be done in a fairly hasty fashion.

Cian contacted you, and then banned you on the basis of your response. This is actually more than we can often manage during this peak time of demand upon our attention. I don't see anywhere in your complaint that you indicated to Cian at the time that your response was a partial response and to expect further follow-up.

I can understand how this must have seemed brusque and short, but it's an ugly necessity at that period in the round. While I certainly encourage all our admins to take as much time to investigate as possible under the circumstances, I cannot call Cian's actions inappropriate.

I understand it is immersion-breaking and non-rp friendly that you can't respond to provocation on the shuttle as you would other times without risking rapid admin interference. However, if it is to ever be possible to allow RP-appropriate actions on the shuttle, we must first end the current culture of end-of-round griefing. This requires us to be as harsh as we have been.

I do encourage you, since your response was cut short, to complete your response via our ban appeal forum. This will allow us to reconsider your individual circumstances. However I do not believe it likely at this time that our overall responses to situations such as this will be changing while problems with end of round grief continue.

My apologies for the necessity and how it has personally inconvenienced you.

As Cian was enforcing server policy, any personal complaint against Cian is inapplicable. I will close this complaint. Further discussion of general server policy can be undertaken in the suggestions forum. However Cian's actions were not against the administration staff's guidelines for this situation.

Complaint Closed.

Regards,

M Kenner.

Senior Admin.