Admin Complaint TayI

Reaver235

Admin Key:TayI

Your Discord name (if applicable): Reaver 235

Complaint: SS13 is a complex game of things going on, and constant mind games against security and antag forces. I whole heartedly understand this and understand why the situation landed me where it did. Why im not understanding about is the admins action about the situation. Il try to quickly summarize the situation

Round starts and I beeline to mait and pick up the goods like everyone does, I manage to find a smugglers backpack and nvg's. This happens very earlier into the round, so very doubtful the satchel was player placed unless they dont actually spawn in the wild then im totally wrong and learned something new. I go into SciChem and see a blue portal like from the game Portal, curious, I walk through it, thinking the scientists made something cool. Turns out it leads to the comm sat, and its already been broken into, no o2, so I quickly use the teleporter right next to me to leave. I steal a mining suit here to help brave me get back to the station from mining station. Security later finds me on the station and confronts me, and I willingly follow them back to the processing room to explain why I ended up in comm sat. HoS/warden refuse to listen to me and inform Sec to brig me for 25 mins, fair enough because I did still a suit and unitentionally commited B&E. Now here's where things get fucky. I crashed and restarted my game to find officers dragging me to perma, claiming that the HoS said so. They claim I was found with a pistol and a syndie jetpack(untrue, never seen them before). They then perma me, no IAA, no Warden, no HoS, nobody will explain what happened, fingerprint anything, or even speak to me. So I a-helped. TayI spent a full 40 mins 'investigating' why I was in perma. At this point i had spent an hour in jail total, only for TayI to come back saying I had a syringe gun and ammo inside my bag and thats why im in permabrig, and that its the officers IC right to place me in perma for it. He/She even confirmed I had infact never touched the items through logs but still allowed security to let me stay in perma for the rest of the round. At which point I logged out in frustration so I was unable to bring any screenshots to this. I believe in a case such as mine where things play out bad and lack of Sec communication leads to me being brigged, the admins should have intervened and let me go, especially after serving an hours time already and even confirming i was not only syndie but never touched the objects. I dont understand why I was left to rot in perma when the admin knew i was innocent, the officers ooc knew, and the HoS ooc knew. And to counter the already forming arguement of "We dont intervene" you guys intervene regularly. This post wasnt just about TayI, is about a broader pattern of admin actions and general apathy from them.

Edit: Typos everywhere. I forgot to mention the critical point that I was not an antag or had any items that could only be gotten from syndie spawns, unless of course the smugglers satchel is a syndie only item. The syringe gun and pistol bullets can be made in an autolathe

I'm the complaintee so I'm not gonna be handling this, but I'll be providing some additional info since you quit before we could finish our PM conversation.

51 minutes ago, Reaver235 said:

TayI spent a full 40 mins 'investigating' why I was in perma.

I'm not sure why "investigating" is in quotation marks. In this case, I was asking the HoS and another officer about what kind of evidence they had to justify putting in perma, and investigating those pieces of evidence. It turns out that you were right in that you hadn't touched those items, and that there may have been some sort of mixup in processing, but the problem is that sec has no way of knowing that beyond me just telling them "hey, this person is in fact innocent, despite the sizable amount of contraband you found upon him". So I reported back to you that sec had not acted wrongly, and it was at this point that you ragequit. I told you this information because you had accused sec of lying and metagrudging to keep you imprisoned, when in fact they had acted in good faith and had made an honest mistake (space law says that anyone with 2 or more contraband items can be permad).

51 minutes ago, Reaver235 said:

I believe in a case such as mine where things play out bad and lack of Sec communication leads to me being brigged, the admins should have intervened and let me go, especially after serving an hours time already and even confirming i was not only syndie but never touched the objects. I dont understand why I was left to rot in perma when the admin knew i was innocent, the officers ooc knew, and the HoS ooc knew. And to counter the already forming arguement of "We dont intervene" you guys intervene regularly. This post wasnt just about TayI, is about a broader pattern of admin actions and general apathy from them.

I was actually trying to think up a clever way to ICly get you released when you quit. Admins only directly intervene if sec did something wrong. I couldn't intervene OOCly because that would set a bad precedent. Security could feel more inclined to imprison people knowing that an admin will come around and say "hey, with my magical admin powers I can tell you that this person is innocent and that you should set them free". As you can see, that's not something we want to encourage. Security is not all knowing, and therefore false imprisonments like this will happen from time to time, especially if you were doing suspicious things.

Also, the officers and HoS did not oocly know anything. I didn't tell them that you weren't an antag and I minimized the amount of OOC info I gave them in my investigation, for the reasons stated above.

Update: Upon further investigation, it seems like someone else actually managed to successfully frame you for the syndicate contraband that you were confused about. So, now you see why I was reluctant to intervene OOCly when sec had acted entirely in good faith and within space law.

Edited by Tayswift
update

So what you're explaining to me is that I can frame innocent people and have them thrown in perma the entire round and there is basically nothing IC or OOC that can be done about it if its done correctly? I can just waste 2 hours of someones time? Seems like the best way to handle people I dont like in the round, and since it seems there are no rules against it, its free game. You can get banned a hundred ways for ruining others fun and time but this is free game so instead of sitting her complaining about this, because I know it wont go anywhere, Il just start using the tactic myself, and If I get bwoinked about it il send them a screenshot of this as the precedent for these kinds of things. Sound fair?

• Salt 2

2 hours ago, Reaver235 said:

So what you're explaining to me is that I can frame innocent people and have them thrown in perma the entire round and there is basically nothing IC or OOC that can be done about it if its done correctly? I can just waste 2 hours of someones time? Seems like the best way to handle people I dont like in the round, and since it seems there are no rules against it, its free game. You can get banned a hundred ways for ruining others fun and time but this is free game so instead of sitting her complaining about this, because I know it wont go anywhere, Il just start using the tactic myself, and If I get bwoinked about it il send them a screenshot of this as the precedent for these kinds of things. Sound fair?

You are allowed to frame people to get out of charges as an antag, yes, though you're not allowed to do it for metagrudging reasons.

Alright, I'll be the one handling the complaint in this case.

After reviewing the logs from this incident and looking over the whole event itself, when looking over it all Tay did was actually trying to help you out and to help them get an idea of the whole situation. All of that was all fine and well but what really hits the nail in the coffin on your end is how you responded to Tay after it when they did state security had good IC justification with arresting you (which they did have, referencing the contraband section and space law), Tay was working on a way to get you out as they said in an earlier post but when you were informed that they did have a good reason, you simply responded with this:

ADMIN: PM: Reaver235/(---)->TayI/(---): So if I pickup a backpack at anytime it has the capacity to waste 2 hours of my life with security not even bothering to try and investigate or listen to me? Im putting in a complaint or switching servers this was probably my worst SS13 experience to date

The way you acted here, as I said before, does not look good for this case on your end. Yes, I do get that was a shitty round but with SS13 everyone has shitty rounds from time to time, the way to deal with them is to not instantly blame it on the admin who was trying to assist you with your situation as it leaves a sour taste in their mouth, especially when it comes to dealing with cases reported from you in the future.

To sum it up simply, Tay did nothing wrong in this situation and this complaint is without merit, I'll give you 48 hours to respond if you have anything else to bring to light before I resolve this complaint.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use