Admin Complaint - Spacemanspark

Kitty2.0

Admin Key: spacemanspark

Your Discord name (if applicable):N/A

Complaint: So here is what went on in the round i got banned on. I was simply flying around as a ghost looking for some good ole action to watch and nothing happened for a while besides minor things like a powersink and deconstruction of the ORM machine in cargo and a few traitors caught but really nothing out of the ordinary. Turns out Slith- Skaar died later on that round and i talked to him a bit wondering what happened. He explained the details and said the round was getting on his nerves. He explained why however the only thing i chimed onto was Sara Arun disassembling the ORM machine due to being mad at security. And like normally when i'm dead ( or alive for that fact) i like to point out the pointless things that people do especially when something else that is sensible could occur rather then what i see as foolishness that they did.

I proceeded to type in deadchat about how stupid it was to deconstruct the ORM machine because she was mad at security and others agreed then at the end of the salting from the other ghost i then said something along the lines of "Sara take your a** to the corner and re-evaluate your life" however i said this in two sentence and after the first sentence i typed, admin spacemanspark type in dead chat "thats enough". I ended up finishing my second sentence due to the fact i look at my keys while i type so i didn't see his message saying to stop and he repeated enough in dead chat once more. I believe thats what warranted the first admin ping from Spark about me and my behavior or something along those lines but i responded to him letting him know i was just having as much fun as one can in deadchat making fun of what others did in round and talking about it amongst other ghost.

Spark respond with saying my behaviour wasn't necessary or something like that again and i responded once more saying something like Jokes aren't suppose to be feeling friendly and asked him to lighten up abit. Flew around a bit more after no responce from him and then i got banned for a day. I'm not here to ask for an appeal for a day ban thats probably wouldn't get resolved in time anyways. However what i am here for is to see why Admin spark is sensor deadchat and what they we say to each other especially if no body complained about it directly and also why i had to receive a ban for a full day just for saying the words " Lighten up" to an admin. I wanna see which rule i broke for talking in deadchat. I just feel like it was unjust and unnecessary to take away a day of play from the 4 day weekend i have from work just because of some words that weren't blatantly disrespectful or flat out inappropriate. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, I'll be handling this complaint.

As I make clear here, you did break rule 4 with what you said , under no circumstances is OOC harassment of another player allowed, regardless of who the victim is.

In this case, a day ban was applied. This is because you didn't listen to an admin and instead tried to make a joke out of it and a day ban timeout seems appropriate to review the rules in order to see which one you broke. Your actions were not within the rules of the server and instructing the admin to lighten up shows that you were not willing to accept the instructions of an admin. The "salting like a ghost should" seems to be at odds with the server culture we are going for on Paradise as a whole, and a day ban after such interaction was appropriate.

Complaint without merit, I will be leaving this open for the next 48 hours just in case you have anything else you would like to bring to light.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use