Guide to setting up a telecomms script

Tayswift

Since this is a common mhelp topic, I'm gonna make a guide for this process.

SAFETY WARNING

Always be careful of where you're copy and pasting your scripts from. Running unknown code from other people is always a risk. You could be putting someone else's metagrudges into the game or even crashing the server if you're not careful. You can use my script if you're not sure.

Step 1:

Get to the telecomms satellite. If you're the AI, you can use jump to camera to do this. If you're a crew member, make sure you have access and don't get tased on your way to the computer. You're looking for this computer:

1.thumb.PNG.aeee07a9469acbf13a321280b2b3bd76.PNG

Step 2:

Open the computer and put in "tcommsat" as the telecomms network.

2.thumb.png.6cd7b0fb0be8ba96adba811cf3150da1.png

Step 3:

Hit scan, then hit modify all detected servers

3.png.0d7527c31daaa3c9fea147a9f88f180c.png

Step 4:

Hit "edit code", paste your code in, and then hit compile.

4.thumb.png.16609e81578bc4bdf8193dc18e489864.png

Step 5:

Press back, and then hit "ALWAYS"

5.thumb.png.9dfb8f40298fd138e3ae75eafb8215fe.png

And that's it! Have fun!

• Thanks 4

For scripts,

how do you change the job name displayed in telecomms and have certain words lead to others?

For example, saying "AI" s will display, color, and bold the AI's name like "Red Fox" instead. For another, "HOP" can be title-changed over the radio to "Salt of Paperwork" and also be word-changed to the first example.

Where exactly do you edit this in your script?

Just as a disclaimer, this isn't meant to be a guide to scripting (I'm not super familiar with NTSL myself). But, I can answer your questions:

In my script, to change the job name displayed, you would do something like this. This turns "Biomechanical Engineer" into "Robro":

if($job == "Biomechanical Engineer"){
color = "3b3b3b"; // Science Radio
cardcolor = "cb7cc5";
$job = "Robro";
}

To replace text, you would use the "doAsdafagus" function or the equivalent in your script. This turns "captain" into "cap" and highlights it:

$content = doAsdafagus($content, "captain", "<b><u><font color=#aa9100>Cap</font></u></b>");

Edited by Tayswift
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Alexkar598 said:

you should credit @AffectedArc07 as he made the script,saying you made stuff you did not make is not cool :/ nevermind me

As far as I can tell, doasdafagus predates Affected Arc's script and wasn't his invention. Also "my" script does credit the original creator of the script, which I got from this thread. Affected Arc was an extremely toxic player who metagrudged players in his telecomms scripts, and so we should be trying to give him as little attention and publicity as possible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use