An Investigation into the Recent Actions of Spacemanspark, in Regards to the Permanent Ban of Doru7

Doru

Greetings, and thank you in advance for your time in considering this complaint.

Admin Key: Spacemanspark

Your Discord name (if applicable): Doru

Complaint: In prelude, I will summarize my claim as such: I'm suspicious that I am being subject to, for lack of a better word, 'anti-favoritism' by Spark, for reasons that have not been made clear to me.

For those who are not familiar with the events leading to now, I recieved a 24 hour ban on April 5th, 2018 by spark for injecting a Surgeon with nanomachines without telling him what they would do. Unfortunately, I do not have a record of the conversation I had with either the victim or Spark, with the exception of the Ban notice itself.

d95f0daab9.png

Seeing as the issue with the Surgeon is irrelevant to this complaint, I will summarize and move on. The person in question was harassing the IPC players in medbay, and I had a short conversation with one of the IPC players working medbay, ELO, asking if they would like for me to get rid of the Surgeon. ELO said that they would appreciate me doing so, so I went, made nanomachines, came back, and lied to the Surgeon about the effects of nanomachines so that he would take them. After administering the nanomachines, I left the Surgeon as he was and returned to science.

My actions at the time were unjust, and I realize that I should have handled the situation by seeking an IAA or NT Rep in-game to sort it out. I have learned my lesson and will handle the situation correctly in the future.

What happened after that round is where issues arise. When the round ended, I took to the Paradise discord to talk about the round and what I did. I have full documentation of this for the reader to see.

460d226972.jpg

35b6348d67.png

0a95cea90b.png

327fc2c6c7.png

9425fda6d8.png

b27d7cbd52.png

4cf53e9f6f.jpg

As the reader can plainly gather, I felt no guilt in my actions against the man who's round I had interfered with. In response, I was administered a permanent ban by Spark for 'gloating' about my ban. I proceeded to post an appeal for the ban on April 6th, 2018, after I had tried to log in and saw that I had received the ban.(No notice of the ban was given prior, and no warning was administered.)

cc05464761.jpg

As specified in edit2, I changed the title of my post. Before that point, it was titled 'Banomachines'. I thought it was a funny title, but looking over the appeal template again, I realized that there was a format to be followed in regards to the title, to make appeals easier for admins to find and answer. The title was changed on April 9th, 2018.

Along with this, I sent Spark a personal, private apology through discord, also sent on April 6th, 2018.

b228873fba.png

For clarification, I sought to discuss the issue with Spark after the 24-hour ban had been administered, and offered to help restore the Surgeon to his previous state so he could continue the round. No response was received.

I waited for several days for a response to my appeal, knowing that Spark was busy that weekend with military training.(You have my utmost respect for your dedicated service, regardless of the outcome of this complaint, Spark. o7) During this time, I received various Direct Messages on Discord from friends(Whose names and messages I will not disclose unless specifically asked for.) who were playing on the server, and also knew I was banned, that Spark was on the server, interacting with other players in-character. While this was happening, I was eagerly watching the forums, waiting for the reply to my appeal. On April 10th, 2018, I sent a Direct Message to Head Admin Dumbdumn5 inquiring as to the status of my ban and if there was an ongoing discussion/investigation into my actions.

423a2a6059.png

de09dcdf9d.png

Permission to disclose these logs was given to me by Dumbdumn himself.

After I received this information on April 11th, 2018, I continued watching the forums, and saw that Spark had answered a ban appeal, supposedly the most recent sent to him at the time, a rapid 20 minutes after the poster had posted the appeal. I felt rather petty for feeling upset that he would respond to newer appeals before older ones, but I took no action and continued waiting. I received a reply from Spark to my appeal two hours ago from the time of posting this complaint on April 12th, 2018.

ff57aba135.png

I hold no grudges regarding this decision, and if this complaint finds itself in Spark's favor, then I shall accept this punishment and possibly more if deemed necessary. However, I find such claims that I care not for my own behavior, or the impact it has on my fellow players, to be readily untrue. I also find the statement "Recent Altercations" to be a vague implication, and I reach out to Spark to elaborate on what he means by this.

This complaint does not favor me nicely, and that's intentional. I understand that my actions were uncalled for, and I do not hide that. However, I believe that the punishment administered as a cause of these actions to be greatly heavy-handed. With the evidence provided, I am led to believe that at some point between when I started playing on Paradise Station in March of 2017 and the present day, I did something that upset Spark, and this is him taking action against me personally. If this is the case, I would like to know what happened so that I may apologize for it properly. If it is not the case, as I'm sure is the the more likely scenario, I would like to understand the reasoning behind not only your final verdict, but also openly ignoring me and my attempts to make amends.

Again, thank you all for your time in reading this complaint.

Edit: I am so sorry for all of my post being collapsed into the second spoiler. I'm not sure how this happened, or how to fix it. Apologies to everyone reading this.

Edited by Doru

Alrighty then, I will be the one handling this complaint for you.

With the whole heavy handed ban part of this, I do have to side with Spark here as per rule 4 in the #rules channel of the discord server.

4) Bans and other punishments should be between the administrator team and the player, please do not discuss any active bans or disciplinary actions in this Discord

Typically, when stuff like this is talked about in the discord people are usually booted from it all together, it was lucky for you that things were actually lighter compared to what is usually done in the case of people talking about their bans like that on discord.

Anyway with not responding to your messages via discord, I do get how that could of seemed like ignoring the issue, but we all get busy with life and other messages in general at times, hell, even I do and miss messages from a few people, so I do get how that one could of came around.

Anyway relating to the ruling Spark did make, not everyone gets around to their appeals right away as well, while it should of taken to sooner and I do side with you there that it did take a little too long, I think the final ruling on it was a fair one made, a little bit of time on another server and getting an admin from there to vouch for you in terms of being on Paradise again gives us a much higher amount of confidence compared to just an appeal alone.

If you would like to raise any more points, feel free to do so, if not I will file this in 48+ hours.

I understand, but I'm still pretty sad.

I'll try to make a good name for myself over on Oracle or Persistence and come back in May. I'm going to miss you guys in the meantime. Thanks for working with me to see this out instead of just kicking me out entirely. I'm just sorry that it had to be this way. Kicking myself in the ass a bit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use