The Journal of Dr. Farson

My name Is Dr. Alexander Farson. I am a universally renound psychiatrist, and have worked on many stations. This journal will outline some of the many crazy things I have encountered. If you are not prepared to hear my stories, turn away. Otherwise, enjoy the ride!

NSS Cyberiad  - Psychiatric Treatment Dept.

Psychiatric Case 001

The patient was wheeled into my office in a straightjacket. They were strapped to a medical bed. They were going on about how "The clowns are coming". I was informed by the security officers that dealt with him that the patient was running around attacking people with a stunbaton. After entering my office, the patient exhibited many signs of psychosis. I promplry administered antipsychotics, which had zero affect whatsoever. I turned around for a moment to get some paper, and when I had turned around the patient had somehow taken off the jacket. I promptly put the patient in another. And then I saw it. They ATE the straightjacket. THEY ATE IT. I am not even sure how that is possible, but by the time I realised this, they had me handcuffed to my couch. I  called for security, who showed up and arrested the person. During my session, the patient exhibited signs of SEVERE paranoid schizophrenia and... very severe flatulence. I filled out the appropriate documentation, and informed security that the patient was to be taken to a permanent care facility. I can't help but feel bad for them. I can't imagine what that would be like. 

[END OF FILE]

Edited by Dr. Farson
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

NSS Cyberiad  - Psychiatric Treatment Dept.

Psychiatric Case 002

I have been working at another station for a while, so I haven't written in my journal much, but my latest case was less than interesting. If there is one thing I am tired of as a psychiatrist, is the constant amount of people asking for medication they DO NOT REQUIRE, whether it is to feed an addiction, or simply because they want it, I am tired of telling people to stop wasting my time. Sadly on this station, I rarely get many patients, but when I do, it is generally serious. The other station I work at has an entire psychiatric treatment ward, but the facilities here are fairly lackluster. For some reason, there is no ACU, or isolation room, and I have nowhere to put the patient if they are in a psychotic state. 

The day of, I was sitting in my office. I was looking through medical records, looking for anything abnormal. I then hear a knock on my window. There is a doctor outside. I open the door, and they step inside,  taking a seat in the chair in the side of the room. They start of the conversation by saying they had a prescription for medical cannabis. I checked their medical records, and low and behold, there is no documentation of a prescription. When I talk to the patient about this, they appear disgruntled, and say that the doctor doesent like taking down notes. At this point, I do not believe what the patient is saying, so I promtly ask them to leave my office, after submitting a referral to occupation therapy, after asking a few questions about why they needed the cannabis, I found that they indeed had something wrong, but such that it would not be treated with that specific medicine.

The same patient also had some... interesting encounters with me, as they stole my piano synthesizer, twice. Once flushing it down the disposals chute. They were not charged, due to it being a code red, and security treating it like nothing. (Even though it costed me 1000 credits)

[END OF FILE]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use