Armoury Revamp

Nil

1. The station shouldn't be going to Red alert very often to begin with. But when it does...

2. It should have what it needs to not require an additional ERT team. But when it does...

3. The armoury should be appropriately fitted for -at least- half the security staff in any given scenario. Increased hardsuits, lazers, etc. Maybe 5 or so of each item. That should be sufficient for the security force to do what they need to, not including the additional ERT forces. But when it isn't...

4. Gamma gets called because of the lack of actual lethal weapons (no, the same person I always see shooting spiders with an ion rifle, that doesn't do what I think you think it does. Tazers don't do anything, either. Nope, a disabler is not a laser that just happens to be blue. A lazer, you want a lazer. No, not a bean bag shotgun. No, a stun baton won't work. Good lord, put down the flash.) 

AND WHEN GAMMA ISN'T ENOUGH...? 

Well? I mean, at least try smoothing out the red alert armoury, first. Gamma -should- most certainly be enough to handle a dire situation of xenos or a blob, a revolution, or what have you. Gamma shouldn't be called because red alert is the new blue alert. Gamma is the new red. Delta or epsilon or whatever becomes the new gamma. It shouldn't be that way. 

If the armoury is properly outfitted, maybe gamma and ERTs won't be called as much. If red means reasonable lethal threats are brought to antags; maybe antags will learn to not go balls to the wall at round start, because they know they can get away with it, because security can't fight back. Maybe red alert will actually mean something, again. Right now, it is a functional blue alert that no one takes seriously. Red alert is raised 15 minutes into a round, and it stays like that until the end. Hell; this even ties into the shuttle call being reduced to 5 minutes; that's not fair to antags, just because red is the new blue alert. 

Seriously, when gamma, a moderate security force, and an ERT team isn't enough, something is wrong. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use