Rule Suggestion:

Buford

8 hours ago, ZN23X said:

This should all be handled in character. Sometimes criminals just argue thier sentences even if they know exactly why and how long they should be in for. Them argueing or questioning a sentence is just a means to create conflict and dialogue IC. You shouldn't be using LOOC to explain your IC actions. Tell them thier charges and tell them if they have a problem with it tell them to contact internal affairs. You also shouldn't be saying things IC like "Sorry I had the wrong intent set" or "???". THAT is what LOOC is used for, and even then if you accidentally harm intent someone you can find a way to play it off IC like "I was trying to swat a bug flying around your head" or something and instead of saying "???" you can say "I'm confused" or emote that you look confused.

I like the thing with having wiki pages pulled up, it is helpful for newer players and I'd also add the Contraband page to that list, but once you are experienced at sec you don't even need the wiki anymore except maybe for a quick refresher if you have a mental lapse or something. This could really be said for any job on the station, and there are plenty of aspects of every job that you will learn through experience that the wiki can never teach you.

It's also important for the Warden and HOS to be knowledgeable with all aspects of security. Last night when I was HOS and you were Warden you were under the belief that only the HOS could set arrest records. I was absolutely stunned that someone who plays HOS as frequently as you didn't know anyone with a SEC HUD or access to a security records console could do this. Also when a cloned officer asked you for a mindshield you told them you don't have them. The Warden (and HOS) should know the contents of the armory and when/how to use everything in there. You also asked my approval for brigging several people. While the HOS CAN help with this, it is both the wardens job and they have full authority to handle all of the aspects of processing and brigging criminals without permission. It can help to allow others to play these roles and observe them as one of thier subordinates to see how different people handle the job. I learned more about sec playing Brig Doc than any other role because there are many times you can just sit back and watch without being flooded with all the responsibilities, noise, and stress of more important roles.

I really hope you morso view this as a friend trying to help a friend rather than a personal attack but I can understand if you take it that way.

Sorry ☹

22 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Just earlier today, I saw you showing better knowledge of Space Law than whoever was playing HoS that round. 

(Valkyrie wasn't referring to you) On further note.

I don't take offense to this. Yes I know security can set arrest warrants via there sec HUD but I didn't know they could do that from long distances with the terminal in the wardens office (Unless there is another terminal elsewhere) simply because they don't have access to the doors. I'm not sure if you encountered me enough to know but during my warden days I placed numerous arrest warrants out from the console so the impression that I thought that only HoS could set them is inaccurate. Also I understand the reason why you made that accusation was because I informed and accused  you of placing an arrest warrant on someone without jotting anything down because the suspect stated he had it on him for being accused of stealing a cat) and that I let him go. (Which you ordered numerous amounts of to line your HoS office which was uh pretty awesome tbh). You also stated that you weren't the one that issued the arrest warrant. I wasn't trying to imply that idea that I thought that only HoS could set them I assumed based on the method of deductive reasoning that you were the one that placed it. When I started playing security I started off as a basic security guard for around 75 hours in game time, and warden 50 hours in game time, now I play as HoS often. Also There have only been two incidents where I accidentally had harm intent on on accident the rest of the times were intentional like months ago when I first started playing security and I usually RP'd it as "I'm sorry I set my baton to harm" as it wouldn't be logical to say "Oh I was aiming for a fly." as in like how in reality would you "accidentally" harm someone with a baton considering that in game mechanics allow you to hit someone over and over again without doing damage therefor the baton has to be roleplayed (In my opinion) as something that can have two modes lethal and non lethal which is another grey area.

Also there are small details that most security miss in space law, SoP, legal SoP, and in the contrabands page. I want my sentences and judgements to be almost 100% in line with all of that. For instance most people don't know that if you use 2 or more class C contraband and up or use one class C contraband and up to commit a major crime labeled in space law it labels the individual as EoC.

Also the wiki is so massive I'm sure you can't know all of these by heart regardless I know quite a bit by heart but once again you gotta read the fine print and the details to know what you can and cannot do precisely.

If you do things by memory or by your head then you are bound to fuck up. 

I also see at least 1/3 of the security force leaving them cuffed inside there cells which is a violation of SoP and I have to constantly correct them. Most officers don't know that in legal SoP you are allowed to remove there headset given certain circumstances.

As far as the screenshots in looc I do not see a problem with it considering the wiki page is looc material and can be used to correct those officers who do not know anything about what they are doing hardly do I have to use it on prisoners that question me.

"This could really be said for any job on the station, and there are plenty of aspects of every job that you will learn through experience that the wiki can never teach you."

Concerning that quote I'm sure almost every aspect of security is governed by the contents of the wiki. Accept those concerning moral dilemma's such as the whole self defense which is stated in space law as "generally pushing and disarming" (Didn't even have to look at wiki for that.) in which if there is an antagonist trying to kill someone and the crew kills the antagonist even though it's against space law I generally let it slide as do most people in authority positions and in security.

I never said I "Dont have a mindshield" I believe you might be confusing me with someone else because more frequently I'm the one to remind officers to mindshield permabrig prisoners and all that or do it myself.

Also I only asked for your approval for people that are in line for permabrig or commit and exceptional crime and up because I can't make those decisions unless I'm acting HoS.

Keep in mind I have played higher positions of Police (Or Police like figures) on different games and have started organizations based on police positions.

My biggest one being over 400 members.

However most of them were on Gmod and considering Gmod isn't as serious as SS13 I don't consider them applicable.

The game I do see as applicable is face of mankind.

I was a rank 4 LED (Detective) and my voice held a lot of weight and had a stronger influence then a good chunk of the ranks high command and all that.

R7 (Commissioner of law enforcement department) is only achievable by being set there by game masters and I was offered that position once but declined.

LED at my era had around 8-35 people on at any given time with the overall player base being hundreds and yes there was a set of laws that each LED officer had to follow along with RoE (Rules of engagement) and WSA (Warn stun arrest procedure). The list of laws is also ten times more massive then on paradise station.

My favorite being 8.2 which basically states that if you insult an LED officer you can get arrested haha.

I've micromanaged shit in other games and have gotten things done in an efficient matter that lessens the headache on this game where the cop like figure is corporate security consisting of 5-11 people.

Anyways thanks for the help Tetris!

Edit: You said mindshield! Whoops yea I know there are mindshields in the HoS locker and in the wardens personal armory. Not sure why you accused me of saying this maybe I stated that "The officer doesn't have a mindshield" probably a miscommuncation.

Edited by Buford

1 minute ago, Biabri said:

It's the security records machines that allow you change people to arrest.

Yea just found the other one at the booth overlooking the brig lobby. Thought there was only one in the wardens office haha.

Edited by Buford

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use