Advanced Surgery Tool

ProperPants

Anyone who has used the Incision Management System knows how amazing it is. It's a scalpel, hemostat, retractor, and cautery in a single tool, and it performs the applicable surgery steps much faster. The IMS is obtained from RnD after they've done a certain amount of research, and while it's not at all necessary for the progression of a round, it is incredibly nice to have.

I've been toying with the idea of another advanced surgery tool. There are five remaining tools after the four covered by the IMS. Those tools are the surgical drill, circular saw, bone setter, bone gel, and FixOVein; I propose two versions of my new tool idea: the "Bone and Blood Device" or the "Bone Management System" (names are open to suggestion).

The Bone and Blood Device (BBD) would combine the circular saw, bone gel, bone setter, and FixOVein as a single tool with the same vastly reduced operation times that the IMS has.

If the BBD is too much, it could be reduced to the Bone Management System (BMS), which would just be the circular saw, bone gel, and bone setter with reduced operation times. The FixOVein is removed from this device because, from my experience with surgery, it is not used as often as other tools and operations involving it are reasonably quick as-is.

I'm not including the surgical drill anywhere because that is such a rarely used tool that it can remain standalone.

Tech and mineral requirements for making this device are highly open to discussion. However, if nobody protests, I think it could remain at the same tech and mineral requirements as the IMS. Otherwise, I think it should be slightly more expensive in tech and mineral requirements.

In my eyes, the addition of this tool would make a complement the IMS well. RnD can already make a pair of improved construction tools in the form of the jaws of life (combines crowbar and wirecutters) and the hand drill (combines wrench and screwdriver), so it feels appropriate to have a pair of highly advanced surgical tools as well.

Finally, there is the issue of spriting. If someone is willing to sprite this tool, I would be willing to attempt to code it (attempt is the operative word). Be advised that I am on vacation until around July 9. I would much rather have someone who actually knows how to code do it, but I once made a suggestion that literally required a single line of code to be added, and I had to end up doing that myself, so I could do it again if need be.

Do you like the BBD, the BMS, or do you think that we should absolutely not add another advanced surgical tool (please explain why if you feel this way).
What do you think the tech and mineral costs should be? The same as the IMS, or more (if more, be specific if you can)?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use